Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Domed screen and another interesting feature

alotasilver

The weather is getting better here now, So i decided to get the ctx ready for action. I charged up the batteries and fired up the machine. (what do i find) The domed screen and it also has a greyish black line on the left side of the screen. (From top to bottom) Has anyone seen this before? I purchased this in june of last year and when i put it away for the winter it was fine. The machine has been well taken care of since day one. I'm a dirt digger and this machine hasen't even been out in the rain.

Earl

Looks like LCD screen is goofin up. Remove batteries for an hour and reinsert them maybe?

Ouch! That sucks! I couldn't imagine having to send my baby back but I'm sure Minelab will hook you up gl&hh

Unreal!!! I think it's safe to say if you have a ctx you better also have a backup detector, Mine has been sent in twice and it's not even a year old.

Curious, i haven't heard about this problem before...

I know when the lcd tvs get a black line running down like that you just give a tap on the top and it goes right away. Here is a video of it http://youtu.be/Pf2raeKFxhw

I can imagine the phone conversation with minelab...

Customer: My screen has a vertical dark line through it.
Tech: First thing we need to try, do you have a hammer handy?

Hahaha, funny and true. Send the thing in and let them do a factory reset and hopefully the problem don't show up again, or give the thing a good backhand lol, cheers

:rant: Not many like to send things back for service, at least Minelab has a reputation for fast and fair service. It never hurts to have a back up, it is like insurance, the more you have the less likely you will need it. While it is in for repairs you can work on the "HONEY DO LIST" :rofl:

Update on the vertical bars: Called minelab and was set to get an RMA and send it back. I took the battery out to give them the serial number then after about a half hour I put the battery back in and went to the beach to hunt.. no bars. machine runs perfect. So told minelab to hold onto the RMA for a while.. I have always hated intermittent problems...

I left mine in the back of the truck on accident and it bounced around the whole way home. I got that line on the screen for a couple of weeks then it slowly went away.

396nova said:
:rant: Not many like to send things back for service, at least Minelab has a reputation for fast and fair service. It never hurts to have a back up, it is like insurance, the more you have the less likely you will need it. While it is in for repairs you can work on the "HONEY DO LIST" :rofl:

I certainly hope you are right..
I am reading that people have been a month getting their machines back...

Fair and good customer service, no doubt..
Sonny