Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't ignore the newer parks...

Happa54

I've read somewhere on the posts where they say that parks from the 60's on up are a waste of time.

Here are my finds from last evening and the day before. Short, 2.5 hour hunts surprised me but again can't emphasize enough about studying the maps.

This park at one time had a couple dozen homes on it then demolished sometime in the 50's. It was closed to the public til early 70's.

I think it was used as a Boy Scout Campground during the time it was closed. I dug up a few vintage scout tie clasps.

Then a '44 Merc, '56 Rosie and a 1910 Wheatie.... shucks!!!! One year away from the Indian Head.

Working in small square patterns and in small sections at a time has increased my finds and I'm find it with although I don't cover huge amounts of ground.

I'm gonna be pounding this park since it is so close to home.

I hope the Safari newbies are reading these forums.

There is a relatively new park in my area that I was hesitant to detect due to it not having any age on it. But I noticed that when they ae having baseball and or softball tournaments that there were a few thousand people in attendance. So I ventured out to the park and as I expected I only found a pocket full of clad.

But in addition to over $400.00 in clad that I have taken out of that park I have found three silver coins, three silver rings and one 10K gold ring. Not the greatest of finds but so far it has been worth my effort and it is close to my home. I can run out there for three or four hours Dig a bunch of clad and pay for the gas I burn going to better venues.

Some great older coins, silver and boy scout tie clasps!! I don't ignore newer parks because I'm sure all of us can expect at anytime to find some coins and jewelry that have been dropped and lost over the past few years. When the grass is allowed to grow tall, it's very easy to drop something and not see it again. It's amazing how items can sink down quickly into the soft earth and there it sits waiting for us to pass a coil over it!

Most parks are in populated areas so before the land was a park, it was something else.
Earlier this year, I was hunting a lost earring for someone in a corner of a 1972 park that is pounded regularly and found a silver quarter @ <4".