Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't let your past digs dictate a future failure

Went out to the fairgrounds today. I decided to hit a spot that I hadn't hit for sometime. I knew in my heart I was going to be digging some trash but it didn't take long before both my heart and mind were having trouble taking in just how much. Maybe it was just a total lack of coins, of any kind. Either way, I could feel the discouragement setting in.

I decided to move over to another section, upon further inspection I noticed they have put in new water lines. I can see a path about 6' wide running the rest of length of the fence. I decided to hit that to see if maybe they turned anything over.

I start detecting and it's more of the same. Trash after trash but I keep pounding on. Then there it is !!!!! A sweet sound sound but not quite right. I was thinkin Indian maybe. I do my circle, I take my time to get the spot, My hopes are high, I cut the plug. There is nothing, I did deeper, still nothing. By this point I am discouraged. I have dug nothing but trash and thought of an old rusty bent nail quickly entered my mind. In sheer defeat, I fill in the hole.

I stand up and without thinking swing again. It's still there and I just can't make myself walk away. I do the circle again and this time I pinpoint it at about 3" from the original plug. I kneel down and cut the plug, flip it over and there she is!!! I can see the rim at the bottom of the plug. The coin was completely vertical.

Do to the past digs and some discouragement I almost let this one get away.

Persistence pays off usually, sometimes I'll go to a tough trashy spot for the challenge to see if I can find just a single old coin. But there has to be the possibility of old coins though. Modern coins aint worth the trouble of diggin heavy trash