Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't you wish . . . .

If only...............................!
I love the Eq, but wheres my "sweet" silver sound ?????????????

Iowa Dale

My go to detector is still my old XS, even though I have the CTX and the Nox 800.

I feel the original explorer screen ID is so much better than with everything stuffed on the 12 line. I don't know for sure if the technology used with the Equinox allows for both a ferrous and conductive measurement, but suspect it does.

Minelab made a huge mistake on this in my mind, and the reason they said they did it was asinine, that there was an "S" curve, the data points didn't come together in a straight line, so they threw away useful information to make everything appear in a straight line, just like every other detector out there.

I thought I remember a fairly recent thread where others wished for the old system, maybe we can put some pressure on Minelab, I'm sure it's just a small programming change.

Chris(SoCenWI)

Yea, I still have my XS and had to ship it to England to get it repaired. I'd NEVER part with the XS.

Chris, was it you I visited maybe back in the 90's?

Tony

It would have been nice to put the BETTER technology of the XS into the NOX.
In my older age I find it more difficult to swing the heavier detector.

Change is not always good. Had they lightened the XS like the NOX, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.