Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Double big silver in the SAME hole...

This was another first for me today. Not just two silvers in the same hole but two BIG SILVERS in the same hole was a first for me. 1920 Walker and 1954D Franklin. And a big piece of iron to boot.
IMG_5471.jpg

Holy cow, thats nice! Not often you see someone dig double large silver hiding beside big iron. Congrats!

Ta-da! That had to be a thrill Joe,that’s a once in a lifetime gig right there! What did you have for a signal to go after that mess? HUGE congrats on a great find!:)

Just incredible, Joe! CONGRATS -- and next to that iron?! AMAZING!

Wow, our group of guys have been hot on the halves this month, eh Joe? I got a Walker and a Franklin within 48 hours of each other, ol' Dave got a Walker and a Franklin on the same hunt, about a week ago, and then today, just to "one-up" us both, YOU dig a Walker and a Franklin IN THE SAME HOLE!!! :surprised: Show-off!! :rofl: :clapping:

Steve

IDXMonster said:
Ta-da! That had to be a thrill Joe,that’s a once in a lifetime gig right there! What did you have for a signal to go after that mess? HUGE congrats on a great find!:)

Monster,

The Franklin was about 6 inches to the side of the Walker (both about 9 inches deep. The iron tie rod was about 2 inches to the other side of the Walker and about 4 inches deep. I heard the Franklin without any problems and it was reading 9 inches and 12-46. I was getting a slight echo from the Walker but thought it was just iron wrap around. Once I dug the Franklin and check the hole, all I was getting was iron. But once I replaced the plug and patted down the dirt, I ran the coil back over it and got a silver hit (12-42) and was thinking maybe a dime but it would immediately go to iron audio. I circled that plug probably 10 times analyzing the tones/numbers and target trace. I finally just dug the iron out to get rid of it and that left me with the silver tone. I was surprise when the Walker popped out because of the 12-42 numbers but there was also a small nail with a big clump of rust around it near the walker so it seems like it may have been somehow getting a lower number due to averaging the iron and the silver. The audio was there but the numbers were less than they should have been. It was one of those very non routine digs that you have to think about later to realize just what all happened.
I started the day looking for a quarter that had been lost by a 5 year old boy in the mid 1950's. I never did find the quarter but somehow think that the story may have change a lot over the years and that maybe it was really two halves that he lost instead. The boys mother has since passed and the boy (now 65) doesn't have that good of a memory as he used to but we are still investigating it. His mother had told her grandson (my co-worker) about it and never mentioned it to anyone else. She said that she would love to find the quarter and give it back to him as it was a big thing for a 5 year old boy to earn that much money in the mid 1950's. So that is why I was on the site to begin with-to find the quarter for the uncle.
In the course of they day, i met a dozen family members and received permission to hunt on several thousand acres with all kinds of old homesteads on them. I was showed several of them and have permission to hunt them however and whenever I want. Some date back to Statehood. (1907) So two halves are a small price to pay for all the permissions.
And that's my story and I am sticking to it. LOL

PCJ

sgoss66 said:
Just incredible, Joe! CONGRATS -- and next to that iron?! AMAZING!

Wow, our group of guys have been hot on the halves this month, eh Joe? I got a Walker and a Franklin within 48 hours of each other, ol' Dave got a Walker and a Franklin on the same hunt, about a week ago, and then today, just to "one-up" us both, YOU dig a Walker and a Franklin IN THE SAME HOLE!!! :surprised: Show-off!! :rofl: :clapping:

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Also Tinthumb got a Walker according to the OK forum Scorecard. It's the year of BIG SILVER! So cool when these thing happen. I was pretty much useless the rest of the day but did buy Lottery tickets tonight. LOL

Joe

Nice Joe don't happen very often now if you guy's could save me a few my grounds still concrete .sube

Neat story and all part of what a lot of us do,taking into account all of the “what ifs” and “how’d that happen” moments. All of the stops along the way in this great hobby are what I look forward to every time out. Awesome all around!