Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Double Play In The Ball Park

plidn1

I seldom hunt ball fields as they are generally hit pretty hard by everyone who has a new detector.
But I had been visiting a friend in a small town several miles from where I live and on the way home, I passed a park that had an old backstop that didn't look like it had been used in years. I didn't have a lot of time but decided to stop anyway and get an hour or so of hunting in.
I was working the first base line with not much to show for my effort but some beaver tail tabs. I rounded first and as I got half way to second I got a hit at the edge of the infield. I went down about 3" and pulled out a nice white gold band, (14K at 6.7 grams).
I continued on to second base and again at the edge of the infield another solid hit. This one at 4" or so (14k at 9.5 grams).
That was the end of the inning and it was time to go.
In the future, I will no longer be just a bench warmer.

Looks like you did good today. Do you think you are going back again. I would... KEN

Outstanding! I was thinking yesterday...every water hunter scoops ALL tab signals, but not every dirt hunter does..:thumbup: You are batting 1000 this week!
Mud.

From my prospective that appears to be two Grand Slam Home Runs. Congratulations on those excellent finds.

Very, very nice finds! :clapping::please:

Now where was that older ball field I spotted earlier this year??:rage:

HH

That's what I keep telling everyone... Keep hitting the ballparks. Get information about where old baseball fields were once located. Community centers usually moved their ballparks around alot. Great finds!

In parks, when you start finding wheaties, you're bound to hit silver easily.

Excellent !