Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Double ring day - small gold

The beaches here in my spot on the California coast have been significantly lacking in good finds. Even our resident excal champ who got 116 rings last year has only scored one gold so far. Last weekend I drove 90 miles to search new beaches entirely and came up empty handed! Thus I set out yesterday with very low expectations, mostly just to get out and soak some sun and smell the sea. Well, it made finding this small gold ring all the better! I didn't believe it was 10k when I first saw the mark because it had a fair amount of crud, actually it looked like silver to me, but I got it home and acid tested it and it is indeed 10k. It also rang up as a low conductor on the TDI pro, so I'm calling it my first gold of the year. I found another ring, a steel junker, which puts me at 10 rings right now for the year. I was very happy with this hunt.

Nice ring G.S.:thumbup:

I like that, nice solid band....$$$

Sweet! Good on ya there! :beers:

Man, somebody cleaned 116 rings off that stretch last year? Were they all gold?:shrug:
Mud

Nice. My beaches have been very stingy for the past four months. A few sterling ring, a couple pounds of grey metal but nothing made out of that beautiful yellow stuff. Congratulations.

mudpuppy said:
Sweet! Good on ya there! :beers:

Man, somebody cleaned 116 rings off that stretch last year? Were they all gold?:shrug:
Mud

They were not all gold. We count gold, silver, plat and junkers as far as rings go. Toe rings count, earrings don't. He got a nice honker with a huge ruby mid summer and I got that honker with the nine diamonds at Halloween, though I only got 63 rings total vs. his 116. He makes videos - check out Michaelswan66 on Youtube. I think it's his fifth year of detecting and for me it's my second. I'm upping my goal to 75 rings this year. I think I'm ahead in rings right now but he'll definitely smoke me again when the finds start to get better. There are 4 main beaches, two of them are big and two are small. None of them are currently serving up much precious metal.