Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dr Kevorkian

yes expectations are a dangerous thing, best to have none and be impressed than very high ones and be very let down...

AJ

I'm of a different mind set. If you have high expectations of everything in your life, the universe tends to bring in to your life only the best of things. Because you are unwilling to accept anything but the best. If you set the bar low, to avoid disappointment, then you end up settling for the status quo just to avoid disappointment. It's much better, IMHO, to deal with a little disappointment here and there than to settle for a life of mediocrity. Disappointment can also lead to change for the better. If this detector is a disappointment...sell it! Then buy a better one! Then let Minelab know that we expect better.

Have no expectations of your kids and see how they turn out! They will be living in your basement when they are 40 demanding to know... "when is their dinner gonna be ready"!?

"Expect the best, prepare for the worst, and get ready to be surprised"! (I can't remember who said that)

Dean

so if I expect someone to show up and knock on my door and hand me several million dollars that's how I should think? that's an expectation and while I may have it to date it hasn't happened :poke:

I think maybe expectation is not the right word for your explanation, maybe hard work and setting goals etc is more the method not just expecting things to happen?

so yeah head down ass up and the more I dig the luckier I get.

anyway I am a realist, lived on expectation most of my life and it didn't work for me all it did was set me up to fail..

maybe just words but they have meanings..

AJ

expansion of the thinking mind, it helps one become a better detectorist as after all our brain is the final link in the detecting chain.

AJ

We need to have realistic expectations. Some guy showing up and bestowing millions on me isn't realistic. You work hard because you have high expectations of yourself. Having high expectations of a metal detector to do as advertised is realistic. If they disappoint... they suffer. Not me. I already own some great detectors and will keep on truckin.

Also, goals without expectations would just be silly. Why even set them?
I always enjoy your input, AJ.

Dean

"IF the Equinox Doesn't live up to the expectations,Dr. Kevorkian is going to be a busy fellow. "

Yes, this is a profoundly thought-provoking hypothesis.........

I think this forum is running out of things to talk about ...it's really amazing how much we have already talked about and even one post that was REMOVED..about the Equinox a metal detector that isn't even for sale yet...I love it,,,bring it on..

That's not exactly what I had in mine...but .....you could exaggerate like how you found a dime 3ft .down in iron infested mineralized soil with your bounty hunter?..:bounty:

So let's all hope the E is better..

doc holiday232 said:
I was attempting to bring a little humor into humorless lives. Apparently I Failed in at least One case.So sorry.

:lol: Not here,it's all good....