Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dr Tones at the beach video

\"Carolina\" said:
I did not like what I saw. I did not see anything stable. It struggled even in the dry sand it appeared. Would have been better off not airing the video, but certainly glad they did. Ask yourself this. Why hasn't Drayton shot a video?How hard would that be? I'm certainly sure they would give him one. Maybe he has one and things are not favorable. On another note, how do you loose a go pro on the beach?

As Brandon said , he was using it hot .
Being that the machine has 2 beach programs 1 with low freqs and the other using high freqs he must have been using the high freq mode? Also being in Hawaii which has Volcanic sand it would be a pain for most machines.
It is and was an inconclusive video . The video by Slow and Low i have seen on a unmentionable place was better when he used it in the salt water and buried a new Pound coin in nearly a foot of sand and the machine picked it up without fail and no falsing .

Des ,

I agree , the Equinox is a mix of the ET and Terra . Would have preferred ET tones though , if having falsing the ET is better to understand .

I believe this machine will work very well on most beaches like most beach machines . It wont be the best i think but will be far from the worst .
But we will have to wait and see . 3 or 4 weeks to go !

Nukeum: I'm curious where you read 2 beach programs, one low and one high freqs. I have read Steve Herschbach said no one knows what freqs. the beach modes run.
Just curious. I would think that Brandon not being a water hunter, would still realize he should have lowered the sensitivity. Even in the dry sand it was chatty.

Come on Minelab ..Put a real beach video out there. What are you hiding ???... This was a joke.
Plenty of wet to detect...Its a waterproof machine !!!! Was he afraid to get wet ????

Sad, very sad....

Donna(NJ)

\"Carolina\" said:
Nukeum: I'm curious where you read 2 beach programs, one low and one high freqs. I have read Steve Herschbach said no one knows what freqs. the beach modes run.
Just curious. I would think that Brandon not being a water hunter, would still realize he should have lowered the sensitivity. Even in the dry sand it was chatty.

Nuke em not Nukeum LOL

I have sent you a PM.

I'm with Donna on this one. Tell me why Drayton does not have one in his hand? Somethings just not right here.

Donna(NJ said:
Come on Minelab ..Put a real beach video out there. What are you hiding ???... This was a joke.
Plenty of wet to detect...Its a waterproof machine !!!! Was he afraid to get wet ????

Sad, very sad....

Donna(NJ)

There is one reason why the machine was sounding unstable on the dry in Hawaii and may not have worked well in the wet there . Its the Volcanic ash beaches . I think most machines would fail that test . But then i dont live there and have to go by what i suspect.
It is about time there were more videos and there is one on a UK beach done by a UK tester using a Pound coin buried in the wet with salt water running over the coil . It picked up the target easily at a good depth .
Cant mention on here where i saw it as i am not aloud am i .

Nuke em, got it right this time, I saw the video by low and slow and I also read they lost the coin and leftt it in the wash. Why not just make a video searching as usual? Just take it for a spin. How hard is that? I'm not saying it's a bad machine, I'm saying the videos are a joke. Unfortunately it is all I have to go on.

\"Carolina\" said:
Nuke em, got it right this time, I saw the video by low and slow and I also read they lost the coin and leftt it in the wash. Why not just make a video searching as usual? Just take it for a spin. How hard is that? I'm not saying it's a bad machine, I'm saying the videos are a joke. Unfortunately it is all I have to go on.

I agree the videos are a joke . But thats because none of the testers as far as i know do beaches .
This machine is a very important machine to beach detectorists , its about time we had a machine that was lightweight / waterproof and great on salt . And hopefully it will be . I'm sure it will be actually but we'll have to wait and see.

\"Carolina\" said:
From what I read on the gsg both beach preset modes are multi only. We really can't assume high or low "range" as its not stated.

Laplander I agree. I'm not sure we have even figured out what multi IQ is.

amberjack: Hahahahahaha :rofl:

One thing I see lacking in the Videos is when they are swinging the Detector to Pinpoint they just happen to never show the screen.
My guess jumpy numbers because of fast recovery speed.

It's a bit tough to make any kind of conclusion due to the video being short. Yea, those beaches are filled with volcanic ash, hard to detect. Great effort to at least have some sort of vid. Seemed the targets he dug were shallow.

Ive been to Hawaii and hunted the beaches with the Excal... No problem except on Waikiki. Lots of EMI from military.
Friend who lives there only used a Pi unit. Ive been on Maui and Kauai, no problem. Only issue was lack of targets as a local told me,
'You have to catch it as its falling off !!!' :) :) :)

HH
Donna(NJ)

A lack of targets or the machine not picking them up due to interference and volcanic ash sand ?

laplander said:
\"Carolina\" said:
From what I read on the gsg both beach preset modes are multi only. We really can't assume high or low "range" as its not stated.

I been thinking of this for a while now. It's with the manual noise cancel. Probably like on the Explorer 2 manual noise cancel. Just set it at 1 then that's your higher Fqz numbers start. That's how I been running my Explorer 2 on the beach for a few years and it works!!! I have the finds to back up what I am saying.