Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Drivers Beware! Deer Season=FAIL

ironsight

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.
Had a touch of cabin fever today so i decided to take the Jeep out for a joy ride an hour or so before dusk.
First of all i have to say i live in a sparsely populated mostly agriculture based County.

First off i spot in the distance what i think is a large herd of cattle grazing on a harvested cornfield. Nope its a gigantic herd of deer. Stopped counting at 50! The largest deer herd i've seen in these parts.

A few miles down the same country road i spot another herd this time some are in or near the road. At least 30+ and they ain't budging. So i rolled down the windows and gave out my coyote howl....worked again...they skeedaddled!

Another mile down the road and another herd scavenging another harvested corn field.... this one a little smaller maybe 15 or 20.

Finally decided to take this lonely gravel road back to my home. Yet another herd maybe a dozen or more with at least a couple big bucks.

Then no more than a half mile away.... still another small herd.

Deer season opening day is a big deal here, its just about a holiday. Apparently the herds were'nt culled enough this season for some reason.

I've had two deer vs. vehicle collisions over the years. Both times those stupid deers darted out from the brush. Luckily they were only side swipes and the local paintless dent repair shop fixed both of em good as new and under a $100 'while you wait'! I highly recommend consulting one of those places before taking your gimped vehicle to a conventional body shop.

I read that more deer are killed by vehicles every year than are killed by hunters. Judging by some of the hunters here in NM I can see why.

That's why I finally quit riding my M/C this summer and sold it, deer and all the college kids texting I figured my body couldn't take a crash. 8 bikes 30 years no crashes (on pavement) 1 minor crash on my 650 vstrom back in 2010 on a dirt rd. So now I'm a cager.