Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DRY DIRT WEATHER COIL ? YES....There may be one !

Elmy

I am giving a heads up.....I found that when it was really dry , like it has been everywhere for awhile.....one coil really stands out as the better coil.
This I discovered about 2 months ago....How does it compare to all the coils ? It is quieter and separates like no other coil can and in dry dirt will out perform
most top name coils.....in better conditions however other coils can equal or even better it.
So if you hit a dry spell....... maybe strap on a 12 x 10 sef and you may dig a few more.
HH
ELMY

I am giving a heads up.....I found that when it was really dry , like it has been everywhere for awhile.....one coil really stands out as the better coil.
This I discovered about 2 months ago....How does it compare to all the coils ? It is quieter and separates like no other coil can and in dry dirt will out perform
most top name coils
.....in better conditions however other coils can equal or even better it.
So if you hit a dry spell....... maybe strap on a 12 x 10 sef and you may dig a few more.
HH
ELMY
bump
to bring it back for you all to read again !

Finally I bought something before being blessed by the tenured faculty!!!’

That coil is a proven producer, especially in and around iron.. all the posts of coins found with that coil are amazing. YES , EVEN IN DRY DIRT when others fail.
Try to figure out it's separation quality, tight wiggle over iron sounds, listen for the coin sound....any detector that can fit one should be in the owners arsenal. Listen for the chirp of a coin hiding in it's little nest of iron like a baby bird. Then this coil can really fly.

Tenured faculty..... GEEZ Ron ! Have you been drinking heavily ?

Last edited:
Elmy...Do you know anyone that put that coil on an Explorer SE? Thanks! Ted
I would ask FPD....He had the explorers before the etracs I think.
He has been using the 12 x 10 sef on his etrac since this post came out ... I would ask him about it.

Hey Ted,
I started on the XS in 2003 and then switched to an SE and ran that part of the time with the 12x10 sef coil. I remember getting some very deep dimes with it on the SE. Well, i sold that coil with my SE when i jumped to the Etrac in 2008.
Discussions with Elmy about the coil got me back to it again. I really like the separation it gives and I am getting excellent depth with it.
Dave

Elmy...Do you know anyone that put that coil on an Explorer SE? Thanks! Ted

Thanks fellas! I have the Pro coil on mine! Just don't know if it would be worth the added expense to get another coil.

Thanks fellas! I have the Pro coil on mine! Just don't know if it would be worth the added expense to get another coil.
You gain 1-1/2 to 2 inches over the stock coil.....if that helps any.

Thanks Elmy! I wouldn't mind trying one on my SE... I don't want to spend a bunch of money in these times...And the season is pretty much over. Thanks to you and Dave for the help!

Thanks Elmy! I wouldn't mind trying one on my SE... I don't want to spend a bunch of money in these times...And the season is pretty much over. Thanks to you and Dave for the help!
Just my experience with the 11 inch stock coil on an etrac....just my opinion on coils , take that into consideration while you read this.
I actually doubled my silver finds by taking that 11" coil off and going to the ultimate 13 coil in a certain area...then I put on the excelerator EQ2 , a 6 inch coil, and found even more silver that was masked ,but still threw me a good silver signal/tone. Then I put on the 12 x 10 sef and pulled still more silver , a bunch of buffalo nickels and got 2 IH's from the same area that the other coils missed. That is how I rated the coils in the etrac forum for cw3's post ( https://www.findmall.com/threads/list-your-coils.352804/ ). Now with the zip tie ,( https://www.findmall.com/threads/making-a-detector-swingy-like-thang.348961/ ) on my detector, I plan on hitting the same area with the 15 x 12 sef coil to see what comes out of it to get even deeper coins if that is possible.
But as you said ...this year is almost gone....so it may be the spring before it gets done.

Last edited:
Reactions: cw3
You gain 1-1/2 to 2 inches over the stock coil.....if that helps any.
The stock coil actually has about a 9 inch footprint because of it's size/shape and doesn't do what the 12 x 10 sef coil can in separating coins from trash at depth.
If you have a 9 inch foot print...expect a 9 inch depth....it certainly can go deeper on clean coins with no trash in the hole as can the little x5, but not every coin it passes over will be detected at that depth.

I would ask FPD....He had the explorers before the etracs I think.
He has been using the 12 x 10 sef on his etrac since this post came out ... I would ask him about it.
I'll echo Elmy's response. It's a great coil on the Explorers too. I've had good success with it in all conditions.