Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dues II cable breaking.

If you mean the plastic clip that attaches the cable to the coil for charging then the answer is yes. I've had two clips break. In fact I have another spare arriving tomorrow in the mail.

Ordered one 3 months ago still waiting from detector dodads e-mailed him no reply . sube

I have had no problems with the DooDad clip. I don't see how a person could break it unintentionally. It was always easier to get a charge light than the stock one. I have never broken the stock one but it is seldom used unless I need to charge 2 coils at once.

Ordered one 3 months ago still waiting from detector dodads e-mailed him no reply . sube
I had the same problem with them too. Many emails, no reply.

I figured that they should be covered by the warranty. I've never broke one yet, so never had to deal with the issue. Never heard of the DooDad clip. I'll have to look into it. Interesting, thanks.

When did you order my order date was 7/16/23 . sube
My order was before the summer. I had ordered the piece for the remote. It took over two months before I finally got it. I sent many emails with no replies. There were several others with the same problem too that I had chatted with. I won't be ordering from this guy again.

I have used mine and never had problems because I read of others problems and modified the cover to allow the clip to slide over the cover without stressing the clip. If you look across the cover u can see the cover flares and the clip resists opening enough to go over the width without stressing it a lot. File down the cover after removing it from the coil so it bevels down from the top edge. Apply a little Vaseline. See the pictures. No problems after doing that. No stress, no need for a doodad.

Attachments

• DEE62A9F-5631-4E19-9335-6B73631E2A8C.jpeg
    DEE62A9F-5631-4E19-9335-6B73631E2A8C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
  • 267F3038-543D-4EC8-8AFA-08EDFF6C2F83.jpeg
    267F3038-543D-4EC8-8AFA-08EDFF6C2F83.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
I have used mine and never had problems because I read of others problems and modified the cover to allow the clip to slide over the cover without stressing the clip. If you look across the cover u can see the cover flares and the clip resists opening enough to go over the width without stressing it a lot. File down the cover after removing it from the coil so it bevels down from the top edge. Apply a little Vaseline. See the pictures. No problems after doing that. No stress, no need for a doodad.
Good idea.

I finally got a hold of detector doo dad he is no longer in business and is refunding my money said someone else may buy but does not no when , says he's taking down his web site . sube

I finally got a hold of detector doo dad he is no longer in business and is refunding my money said someone else may buy but does not no when , says he's taking down his web site . sube
I'm sorry to hear this.---I really like the charging clips I got from him for my Deus 2.

I figured that they should be covered by the warranty. I've never broke one yet, so never had to deal with the issue. Never heard of the DooDad clip. I'll have to look into it. Interesting, thanks.
They work great should be how XP made the clip!
Mark

This works great I just used a Dremel tool took some of the coil cover down on the edge now the clip slides right on .
Mark

It was such an easy fix and doesn’t affect the warranty. Pretty sure XP doesn’t read the forum as this problem has been nagged about since the release.