Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug 96 Times Today..!!

fastdraw

I decided to change things up today, and detect 2-City Parks, in hopes of Jewelry, instead of the older backwoods sites, that I have been doing allot of. Got almost $10.00 in Clad..!! I changed from Park-1 to Park-2 to Field-2 numerous times, ... But Park-2 was the killer mode in both parks. I ground balanced and noise cancelled about 20 times.
I Spent about 6 hours, and enjoyed myself immensely...!! 🎉
"That's What's It All About"

Attachments

• 20210116_175235.jpg
    20210116_175235.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 144
Fastdraw, those were some good finds!! I have a go to local park that gives up coins every time I go. Basically learned how to use my EQ 600 in this park finding assorted items and learning how the machine reacted to the various targets. What helped immensely, was I could find anything from coins, jewelry to Civil War bullets and artifacts!!! It was my practice place to learn without having to set up a test garden at my house. I too, experimented with different settings and search modes. I would usually wind up going with the Park 1 mode. I also switched back and forth between the stock 11 inch coil and the 6 inch coil. Have found more coins using the 6 inch coil. Oldest coins I have found there were a 1905 V nickle and a 1904 Barber quarter.
So, I was just curious as to why you found your best finds that day with the Park 2 mode? I very rarely use that mode. When I am searching fields for Civil War relics, I usually use Field 2. I might have to try Park 2 at some point in time. I have also noticed that when detecting in Field 2, lead (Minnie balls and round musket balls) ring up in the 16 to 17 VID range. When using Park 1 or Field 1, lead will be a solid 18 with maybe a 17 depending on the orientation of the target. Anyway, always interested in learning from others in how they use their machine!!! Good luck to you in your future hunts!!!

Yeah.... it’s fun to go out and just find new coins..... beats not going at all and sometimes you get a nice surprise.
Even if they are in a tot lot 🤭

Fastdraw, those were some good finds!! I have a go to local park that gives up coins every time I go. Basically learned how to use my EQ 600 in this park finding assorted items and learning how the machine reacted to the various targets. What helped immensely, was I could find anything from coins, jewelry to Civil War bullets and artifacts!!! It was my practice place to learn without having to set up a test garden at my house. I too, experimented with different settings and search modes. I would usually wind up going with the Park 1 mode. I also switched back and forth between the stock 11 inch coil and the 6 inch coil. Have found more coins using the 6 inch coil. Oldest coins I have found there were a 1905 V nickle and a 1904 Barber quarter.
So, I was just curious as to why you found your best finds that day with the Park 2 mode? I very rarely use that mode. When I am searching fields for Civil War relics, I usually use Field 2. I might have to try Park 2 at some point in time. I have also noticed that when detecting in Field 2, lead (Minnie balls and round musket balls) ring up in the 16 to 17 VID range. When using Park 1 or Field 1, lead will be a solid 18 with maybe a 17 depending on the orientation of the target. Anyway, always interested in learning from others in how they use their machine!!! Good luck to you in your future hunts!!!
KREQ600... I also run the 600 model, and city parks sometimes have small & fine jewelry. So Park-2 puts more emphasis on the higher frequency. Recovery speed is also faster, and the 50 tones give better target ID. My sensitivity was from 20 to 23. I dug VERY little trash. I'm my experience and opinion,... If your in a City Park, always run Park-2.

Fastdraw, thanks for the reply back!! I will certainly try the Park 2 mode with your mods to the settings. Always willing to try new things and learn for others!!!

Nice haul. Thanks for the settings info.