Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug some kind of military button

jabbo

Eagle on a canon. Same diameter as a nickel, about 22 millimeters. Can't see any markings on back and shank is gone. My first military button of this type. Looks like an American style eagle. Found in a crop field with the X-Terra.

Wow !!! very nice, i have found a few in the past week, that is a nice one you found there.
not sure if this will help, but i was able to ID a few buttons through this site.
http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/cwcol

Hog, Thanks for the military button web page. I didn't see it there. Found one just like it on another military button web site, seems to date about 1808 to 1812.

wow super find.
do you have the link to the button page, always looking for good ID pages.
Thank you, and Happy Hunting ...

Very nice find!! Were you able to determine what type of military unit it was from. Thanks for sharing.

U.S. Artillery button, 1808 - 1821. Same button, saw it some where on the internet.