Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug up an old Irish half penny

jabbo

1760 George II Half penny found at a 1700's farm today. Bust on one side, harp with crown on other side. Can see 60 on the right side of the harp, can't see 17 on left side. I'm grateful I found this coin on that farm because it's the only one I found today, no other coins, not even modern. The place was searched before I was told, but glad they missed this one or I would have come home empty handed again. I did find a 1787 NJ copper there a few weeks ago, that's another one they missed, could be more there. Not a great find but digging up one coin this old somehow makes the hunt worth while.

You are making some fantastic finds at the farm!

Nice find jabbo, ive only ever dug up one of those up my way..mine w a s paper thin and barely identifiable.

n/t

Nothing like digging up colonial. I dug my first Irish halfpenny last year after 35 years of detecting. Always nice finding old coppers. Way to go!

jabbo said:
1760 George II Half penny found at a 1700's farm today. Bust on one side, harp with crown on other side. Can see 60 on the right side of the harp, can't see 17 on left side. I'm grateful I found this coin on that farm because it's the only one I found today, no other coins, not even modern. The place was searched before I was told, but glad they missed this one or I would have come home empty handed again. I did find a 1787 NJ copper there a few weeks ago, that's another one they missed, could be more there. Not a great find but digging up one coin this old somehow makes the hunt worth while.
"Not a great find",I would attempt a back flip if I dug that up:crazy: