Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DX-1 probe

The DX-1 works on the White's V3, DFX, MXT and M6.

I just did a search on the Vista and it operates at 8.6 KHz, so I would say no, the DX-1 will not work. It looks like a Chinese import so I doubt if much is available that will work with it.

Do you mean White's V3 Spectra Vision? Yes, it will work with that.

Posted by Ralph of Sun Ray on another forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Sun Ray Invader DX-1 has been determined by us and the engineers at White's Electronics in Sweet Home, OR to be compatible with the new Spectra V3 with the following exceptions:

(1) The probes we have tested on the V3 did not overload on RX 15 (gain) with TX Boost on.

(2) However, the stock White's 10" DD coil may or may not overload with the DX-1 in-line depending on the tolerances from coil to coil. This has nothing to do with the probe or coil involved, rather with the switch (for switching from coil to probe and visa versa)

(3) It was found that by either reducing the RX gain a number or two ,or, disengaging TX Boost resolved the problem.

(4) In most hunting conditions RX gain cannot be used at maximum setting unless you are detecting on neutral ground such as a beach with no mineralization, especially with TX boost engaged.

(5) Other V-3 compatible coils, including non V-tuned coils (whether factory or after-market) may overload at max RX and TX Boost and may require a lower RX setting (or TX Boost disengaged). How low will depend on the coil and ground conditions, however, our tests showed other coils we tested only had to be lowered on RX a few numbers to cancel the overload if TX Boost was left engaged. (NOTE: Various tests described above were conducted by both Sun Ray Detector Electronics and White's Electronics in Sweet Home, OR. White's Electronics has approved the above compatibility statement.)

If you think this post belongs in our Finds Banner, let us know!

Good information, BJ. I also asked sunray this am if they make a similar inline probe for a Whites TDI. They emailed me back and said that at present they do not but are considering it. I suppose I will have to go with Coiltec for an inline probe for the TDI.