Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac Air test.. question????

Sonny(IN)

Mine with the original coil will give a good signal with sens. at 16 (auto) in the coin mode with a quarter apx 6.5 inches. I have found nothing deep so far. wondering if this air test means anything... kind of concerned.. any thoughts appreciated..thanks

From what i gather that's normal for factory defaults on auto,coin mode. I was worried too as I'm only getting 6in on a dime/penny. I went out away from everything and did a noise cancel. I went to manual 28 stable and got around 11in or better. I'm guessing that since the sens can go up to 30 and for the most part when I'm detecting "like you" my auto is around 15-16. Were running at half power. I'm going to give it awhile before i start pushing it in manual. I still need more swing time on the machine.

In one of the Minelab vids on the E-Trac it was said the auto sens was conservative.

When you say your auto is around 15-16 is that with or without the 3+range feature. I think you're right on about your assessment. I've found that most of my 8" dimes and wheat's have been found when my auto sensitivity was around 22 and that includes the +3 range. I'm about ready to start playing around with the manual sensitivity setting at one of the parks I've been hitting.

HH randy

EZrider said:
From what i gather that's normal for factory defaults on auto,coin mode. I was worried too as I'm only getting 6in on a dime/penny. I went out away from everything and did a noise cancel. I went to manual 28 stable and got around 11in or better. I'm guessing that since the sens can go up to 30 and for the most part when I'm detecting "like you" my auto is around 15-16. Were running at half power. I'm going to give it awhile before i start pushing it in manual. I still need more swing time on the machine.

In one of the Minelab vids on the E-Trac it was said the auto sens was conservative.

Randy, it depended on what section of park i was hunting. I have been using just the standard auto, no +- Three different sections. I noise canceled at each, all 3 put me in a different channel. One section auto was between 15-16,targets dug were 5in max. Coin mode,deep off,fast on, ground difficult, trash high.

Went to an over grown wooded section that used to be a picnic area years ago. Same settings as above using the standard auto. Noise canceled there and my auto was between 19-21. This is where i dug the small sterling ring at a measured 8in. A couple of wheats at 6in.

I know that if i were to run auto +3 i would have gotten more depth. I'm just getting used to the machine for now. I can see were i could run manual at say 25+ and get 8in easy.