Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac and GARRETT do the business........TheMarshall

TheMarshall

Last Sunday was a beautiful Spring day here in the UK.

Here was a typical but more 'difficult' E-Trac target.

A Victorian half penny at about 9 inches, but situated vertically at the side of the hole.

The E-Trac had no problems alerting me to this one, even whilst running in AUTO sense.

Auto Level was 16 + 3 and target averaging Con 40's and Fe about 20's.

Soil was 'noisy'in that area due to 'back-filling'. Also it was damp.

I was running my modified 'window' Disc rejection pattern.

i.e. Fe 1 Con 1 to 50 rejection. and Fe 35 to 30. Con 1 to 50 masking.

My new Garrett Pro Pointer saved me some hard work when used on this occasion.

Previously, pin-pointers were a bit of a pain to use due to their erratic operation,

but this Garrett is a winner. As the name implies, a PROfessional product.

Hope your weather in the States will soon have you back out searching.............TheMarshall

[attachment 122072 GPfind4.jpg]

[attachment 122073 RallySunday.jpg]

I love my Pro pointer. I was one of the first and must say it's been the best! Not knocking the Sunray but damn it's so nice.

Hey Marshall,

Nice post and the sunshine and green grass make me feel better already. Appreciate your take on the probe.

utahshovelhead