Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac and Garrett MS-3 Headphones with Z-Lynk Wireless Kit

Gozoman

I bought the Garrett MS-3 Headphones with Z-Lynk Wireless Kit and Z-Lynk pinpointer and I have to say I’m very happy with it. I’ve been using it with my White’s Eagle Sierra Spectrum and it’s great. However I’d like to use it with my Minelab E-Trac and that is where I have a problem. The mounting ring supplied with the kit is not big enough to go round the E-Trac where I need to fit it, just behind and below the armrest. Has anyone with the same set-up overcome this problem? Is it possible to get larger mounting rings for example? Just running a tape round the area it looks as if I would need something like a 160mm diameter mounting ring whereas the one supplied is only 80mm. By the way I have a neoprene cover round this upper section of the stem which makes it slightly bigger than normal anyway.

I bought the Garrett MS-3 Headphones with Z-Lynk Wireless Kit and Z-Lynk pinpointer and I have to say I’m very happy with it. I’ve been using it with my White’s Eagle Sierra Spectrum and it’s great. However I’d like to use it with my Minelab E-Trac and that is where I have a problem. The mounting ring supplied with the kit is not big enough to go round the E-Trac where I need to fit it, just behind and below the armrest. Has anyone with the same set-up overcome this problem? Is it possible to get larger mounting rings for example? Just running a tape round the area it looks as if I would need something like a 160mm diameter mounting ring whereas the one supplied is only 80mm. By the way I have a neoprene cover round this upper section of the stem which makes it slightly bigger than normal anyway.
I like the Garrett MS3 h.p.'s with Z Lynk on all my detectors EXCEPT the Etrac.-----With those h.p.'s on the Etrac, the clarity of tones doesn't come through near as well as my Sunray Pro Golds.----It's kind of strange as they are great on my CTX and F-19, I really like the MS3 on those detectors.----As to affixing the transmitter to the Etrac (or CTX)---simply attach both bands to each other---the length is then fine.-----This may be more answer than you were looking for. :)