Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac and Relics Help

davidm88

I would like to know how you would rate the E-Trac for relics, say Civil War type. I know it excels at deep silver, but would like to hear some feedback from experienced users about it's ability to sniff out other goodies (specific finds and some depths would be great). Thanks!

My personal opinion is that it is great if you use ttf in the relic mode.I dug some 3 ringers and buttons this weekend using that setup with my 6in ex coil and loved the results.

I've hit a 50 Cal musket ball at 11". Lots of older lead hunting rounds. A mid 1800's sash buckle at 14". A bell at 9" under an oak tree root. US collar insignia at about 9". Several other items as well. I think it does well in my area! Moderate mineralisation. Often times, but not always, sandy soil.

The metal content really doesnt matter to the etrac, it finds all kinds of relics deep....I also believe the TTF mode is awesome for deep relics

I hunt for relics and use TTF all the time, no other machine can compare in my opinion. Combine it with a cople of years experience and you find everything thats reachable. I use the screen most of time as alot comes in with a weak tone but the id.no. tells me its there, especially the left side of the screen.

davidm88 said:
I would like to know how you would rate the E-Trac for relics, say Civil War type. I know it excels at deep silver, but would like to hear some feedback from experienced users about it's ability to sniff out other goodies (specific finds and some depths would be great). Thanks!
Etrac like all FBS very good for all type detecting, Use TTF no discrimination to hear more strange shape iron and Respond LONG, with Long Respond you will dig more bigger size Iron, manual sensitivity, Gain 25-30.