Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac and Sun Ray X-5 Coin Slayer at Park

colt

Been a while since I posted, I have had a couple of E-Trac's and just got another one from a friend. I hunted an old park today, started with the stock coil and after getting skunked for an hour and a half, I put on the X-5 coil and the old park started giving up coins. I hit a nickle in the first 3' after putting on the X-5 and the coins had no place to hide. I might just leave the X-5 on as my main coil.

I've read alot about the X-5 being a great coil for the E-Trac. I just got my MD today so after getting used to the stock coil and the machine itself, I can see this coil in my future.

biscboy,
I had the X-5, with Sens on manual and at 26, Deep off, Fast on, Trash at high and Ground on difficult. I was pulling quarters and dimes out with rusty nails in the same hole. "Nickles were coming in at 12-13 and at depths of up to 8 inches. I have to clean up the coins to check the dates.

The stock coil is a good coil, but it was having a tough time at this old park. EMI scares most detector off and the ground mineralization goes from mild to wild. The park was constructed with crap fill 40, I have taken many high end detectors to this site and it has put a serious whupping on many a detector, but this is the kinda site the E-Trac is made for and the X-5 makes it a real monster.

The X8 is a good one too, the one I use the most on my Etrac.

I use the X5 alot with success and love it. Today I'm getting delivered the SEF 10/12 and I cant wait to try it out. I usually hit an area first withe the pro coil several times at different directions, then I go to the X5 and find what ever I missed with the pro. Now I can check with the 10/12 to see if I'm still missing targets. I hope it goes alittle deeper.

The X5 was the second best thing I got with my E-Trac, the 1st best thing was the X1 Probe because I hunted for 5 years without any kind of probe and talk about chasing coins vs iron forever. NEVER AGAIN