Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E Trac beach hunters...a SENS Q.

Des D

"Just wondering what kinds of Sensitivity levels you're getting on your wet salt sand beaches @ A (Auto) with your E Trac
NB: I'm not using + 1,2,3
NB: I'm not using DEEP

Am using:
Multi Tone
Conduct Sounds
Trash Density Low
Ground Neutral
Volume Gain 26

Past few days I've been out and noted with the stock 11" coil am getting A 28 and with a 15" Excellerator, am getting A 27

Getting good depth on coins - easily 10" plus to deeper BUT, with collapsing holes it can be hard to properly estimate accurate depths?
But away from the surf line it's [drier] by a tad so the holes don't fill up making it easy to spot 'on-edge' coins!
Getting lead sinkers 'thumb size fatties' as deep as 16" plus"

Just wish I had a beach to hunt.

I live on the shoreline and I have great luck with stock coil and standard settings right out of the box.
I do play with the sensitivity but i find plenty in the standard setting.
Im like 1 minute from the shoreline so i hunt the beaches a lot!
And i've found quarters 14" down!
Found a merc that deep to!

"That's great info Mkus, thanks for chiming in.
Which coast do you live by? I used live in Fla...right on the beach!"

Im in ct eastern ct

"As a student I worked a summer in Westport - worked in "The Tin Whistle Pub" and on time off detected Compo Beach!" (c. 1980)

Yeah i heard of that place brother and dad both got new etracs this week
Brother got a mercury dime at beach first time out today!