Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac finds so far

Jim upstate NY

Hers my better stuff found so far with the Etrac.. most from a new site.. only three old coins from there with it though.. should be more.. the front yard is one solid iron null and have only managed a few shallow wheats from there, that is where the best stuff should be.. Pretty quiet now.. amazing how clean the place actually was besides iron anyway, considering its 218 years old and lived in since 1790.
T They added on to it and probably ruined some of the best spots in back, most of the ground seems original but lots of coal and wood ash in the ground.. most of the place holds a fairly steady threshold though.. dont get why there hasnt been a single indian head there.. Next time over I am going to take the SE and see if it can scare anything up.. last two times with etrac gave me nothing but a few nails

where I was hoping it could do better..... Like I said its capable, but dont think its any more capable than the explorer, other than being faster, so with the correct sweep you will get everything it can without spending more money.. and your sites might last longer :) thing is I am sure the explorer is better at ID'ing low conductive targets with the audio combo.. I find it hard to tell 20 from 30 in conductive even at max settings.. the explorer just a little bit up the ferrous scale was a definite tone increase.. maybe I will get used to it, but it was the reason I didn't use conductive audio on the explorer either.. ferrous just gave me higher tone coins.. mute point with them reading the same ferrousity now.. anyway I am keeping both... I think the etrack will be good for cherry picking and clad bark chip hunting when I get old :)

Hey Jim, I'm just wondering what was the decideing factor for you to get the E-Trac? Or better put why you thought the E-Trac was better than the Explorer? I've been doing alot of research and havent come up with anything from Minelab saying it exceded or was better. Only that it wasnt an Explorer. I know there were alot of users comparing the two. Other than some small diffrences i cant really understand why an Explorer owner would want one?

Just trying to understand
EZ

with the iron testing, but soon learned that was not all that in actual ground :) and people posting how they were cleaning up in their old spots as well... I think it will have its uses... but to me its a step down on the ID side.. silver and clad killer in the parks.. and think it will do good at new holes I find or places I need to zip over and get as many of the high conductive targets as I can quicker.. I just gotta find a mode to quiet down the nail falsing more without also masking them out or at least a happy medium.. I would switch over to ferrous but I just dont like it on the etrac, and the nailks that false up in the 14 range sound the same in either mode, or maybe I am just supposed to ignore targets that dont lock solid.. dont know.. sure would like to find a deep one at the verge of detection in real ground to see how it sounds as compared to all the other flutey iffy ones I get