Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-trac Handbook

Hi, I just bought a new E-trac. Can anyone tell me how good the E-track Handbook by Andy Sabich is. Is it worth getting it? My experience has been using a minelab x-terra 70.

Thanks!
Swayne

The book is a fantastic resource for both Etrac and Explorer. I have read twice and refer to it often.

Steve

I've found the book an excellent resource for learning the E-Trac. It is well written and covers just about everything I needed to rapidly come up to speed.

Do a search of my post with the EZtrac. Andys book covers a ton of knowladge. It's big and well made i might add. It is not a one read wonder like other books out there. Its something you keep at the bed side and read over and over. 6 months of reading and going here.

Definitely worth the money. Half-way through the book I went out and bought my E-Trac. I haven't looked back since. Just be forewarned - if you don't already own an E-Trac, you probably will after reading the book. :)

HH,

Bruce

I just got my etrac last week, got the book with it. I have been taking his book with me when I been out hunting around. Let my kids run the etrac and I sit in the shade.. Dont let them out of my site though :) His book has been REALLY helpful. The "hints" part at the bottom of some of the pages are my favorite because they are just straight forward and easy to understand

If you live anywhere near northern Ohio, then don't get it. It isn't worth a dime. And don't get the E-trac. It is junk.

Anywhere else, then it is well worth the money. And the E-trac is fantastic. It's just that Andy's information does not work here in northeastern Ohio. And the E-trac seems to be terrible for here in northeastern Ohio.

So if you live in northeast Ohio, I would say that you should move away and find a better place to hunt. And take Andy's book and your E-trac with you. I'll just have to deal with all the problems here myself in Ohio !:rofl:

I would say its the Minelab SE and E-Trac Bible.. Yeah..

I don't mean any disrespect to Andy, but I didn't get much from his book at all. I think he post's a lot of good information on the forum. I didn't switch from the explorer so half of the book was of no use and I didn't care for having to keep searching thru the book to see if he was talking about the E-trac or the explorer. Most of the information in there is covered in the manual that came with the E-trac and it's a lot simpler to read. Most of the people I see posting are using the standard coin program in auto +3. That's the way I started and then developed my own settings from there. I didn't pick up any thing from Andy's book. I've learned more on this forum then anywhere else. I also have to thank RBHOLT for really teaching me how to set the E-trac up.