Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac in nickels and gold

Both work...depends on your iron at the place you are detecting....If you got iron infested areas use TTF....if not multi conduct....if you want your detector to run quieter TTF....deeper , run multi.
TTF discriminates out 18 to 25...depends on your pattern and what you have disc'd out.

@M-- heavy discrimination-- I prefer TTF. Multi sounds like bad 60's sci-fi effects.. can't stand it.

Multi can tell the coins by sound ...after you get used to it....a silver screams...a nickel whoops....and after awhile you will ignore all those other sounds...use it and learn it and you will find lots more coins.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Have changed a few audio settings (lower threshold, mid-range variability and max limits) ...and yes, I actually can distinguish between clad and silver when doing 'surface', side-by-side tests. However, being an 'old' phart, I am a bit 'tone deaf' and likely cannot make that distinction out in the field, so...I will probably carry a silver dime and or quarter in my pocket. I plan on dropping it on the ground and compare tones when higher pitch targets present themselves. Quarters not as important, because I dig all of them anyway, ($ is $) :cool: . I'm amazed how accurate the E-Trac 'can be' when it is accurately tweaked and its user becomes truly acquainted with all of its features. Powerful machine and me being old...I will probably never upgrade.

Makes me wish I had tried harder the last few years. I had grown really LAZY and only dug shallow/high pitched targets (lots of clad). I even quit digging "penny" targets. Watched my hunting buddy with his Whites machine pull the good stuff while I apparently cleaned up the low $ junk to his benefit. Sad :cry2: but true. No telling what I left for him...who, by the way is much younger. Lately, I've been pulling the silver and wheaties. He's going to have to find someone else to follow. ;)

Thanks AGAIN, HH and stay safe out there.

`well it seems we have converted you over...hope we helped a little....I have been using a modified Bill s pattern with an accepted disc down to 26 ferrous and cutting out the indian head pennies in the parks and am doing quite well with it....of course when you hit old 1800's coins include the indians ....32 to 37 conductive numbers.
I dig 39 co and up and usually pull a buffalo or two on each hunt with 11 to 13 disc pattern on them....they give that certain whoop sound...use an open mask and check the target before you dig....you will see how it sounds even more with a wide open all metal screen in quick mask. I have been using a manual noise cancel 2 and never noise cancel on the site anymore...works for me.

Last edited:
`well it seems we have converted you over...hope we helped a little....I have been using a modified Bill s pattern with an accepted disc down to 26 ferrous and cutting out the indian head pennies in the parks and am doing quite well with it....of course when you hit old 1800's coins include the indians ....32 to 37 conductive numbers.
I dig 39 co and up and usually pull a buffalo or two on each hunt with 11 to 13 disc pattern on them....they give that certain whoop sound...use an open mask and check the target before you dig....you will see how it sounds even more with a wide open all metal screen in quick mask. I have been using a manual noise cancel 2 and never noise cancel on the site anymore...works for me.
I'm not familiar with Bill s pattern. Can you provide link or Fe and Co coordinates?