Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac kHz setting???

hey Ron....
set it up that way in multi tone and take a clad dime and a silver dime....
adjust only the variability from starting at 30 down until you can hear a distinctive difference between the two and you have it.
Some hear sounds differently so you may need to tune it in to your liking. When you have it you can pass on clad and dig only silver and not waste a lot of time digging clad....
There is a way to do exactly that...you will see....that is why it is so good of a program .
NIGHT ALL

ELMY

Ron...
Also watch the numbers as you scan a target...if it doesn't read in the 30's fe and hits a 46 co using quick mask...good chance it is silver...for the ones who can't tell a difference in tones.
Also scan it from different angles. If you Favor ferrous sounds...using these numbers on a target will work with ferrous sounds also.

Last edited:
A coin in the field will sound different than an air test...take it out and hunt with it and find out real quick that you can hear the difference

Looking to ice the cake, any leads as to how I can get a look at that silver killer pattern that was talked about in video Elmy posted?

Ron in WV

You saw his silver killer pattern on the etrac in the video....I personally don't agree with his....it is too tight a pattern for me....I have dug shallow silver with fe numbers near 20 . He would miss these cherry picking.
I disc out the smashed pop cans in the upper right...include the dollar vdi's...and even add in copper pennies...42 co over to 49 co...then stop at a 23 fe down from the top...
Sometimes I even add nickels with the silver pattern....or ih's......you can skip all these by tone and the target id numbers on the screen in multi conduct sounds.
His settings are good for me however.

Thanks, I did see that pattern and that didn't seem to have a lot of magic showing there. Upper right corner for silver and it looked like a little open area for nickels.

Thanks,
Ron in WV

Exactly....If you like old nickels....you would be out of luck....and he would dig smashed pop cans...a deep hole dug only to find a pop can is no fun !

Exactly....If you like old nickels....you would be out of luck....and he would dig smashed pop cans...a deep hole dug only to find a pop can is no fun !
Curious 'why' you emphasize his digging 'pop cans' given the video's discrimination pattern? What coordinates incorporate the alum cans?

Do you have the etrac xchange...the program that can save or upload patterns to your etrac from your computer ?

Last edited:
Curious 'why' you emphasize his digging 'pop cans' given the video's discrimination pattern? What coordinates incorporate the alum cans?
Aluminum cans for me will have the etrac fe 12 bounce but will bounce into the lower fe numbers like a 2-3-5-7-8-9 fe and down to the 12 fe line... 47-48-49-50 co ....
Deeper silver coins seem to bounce the opposite way....12-13-14-15-16 fe and 45-46-47-48 co. The only coin to do that for me is the half dollars....they are at 6 to 10 fe and usually 44 to 47 .....
Just what I have experienced. The larger targets usually give me a lower fe number below a 12 fe. Dollars stay at the top 1-2-3 fe and 41 to 46 co or so...
This is not written in stone , just my experience.

hey Ron....
set it up that way in multi tone and take a clad dime and a silver dime....
adjust only the variability from starting at 30 down until you can hear a distinctive difference between the two and you have it.
Some hear sounds differently so you may need to tune it in to your liking. When you have it you can pass on clad and dig only silver and not waste a lot of time digging clad....
There is a way to do exactly that...you will see....that is why it is so good of a program .
NIGHT ALL

ELMY
Hearing is shot, my wife says I suffer from selective hearing. I did the countdown and couldn't hear any difference in the 2 coins. I put it back to 30 for the next hunt in maybe 2 or 3 weeks, just got the wife home from 8 days in the hospital and a pretty bad sugary. So I am pretty much care taker until she gets up and about.
I may try to get out in the yard and put some coins down and do a little tinkering.

Ron in WV

ok...what you do is the co numbers.....when you hit a target....center it and look for a 45-46-47-48.....as you hit it at different angles....also check the fe numbers....
when you get a 45 as a high number. it is a maybe a silver...a 46 is probably a silver....and a 47 is "I will eat it if it ain't silver".....any fe below the 12 fe- 1 to 11 is not as good as 12 to 23 for deep coins.
A coin thrown on the ground is not a good teacher.....they have to be found in the wild. Refer to the above post on aluminum cans for Monkeys Uncle....
Folks ...I am done....Pm me ...and again....it is only my opinion as to what I have seen in the field ...negative comments are helpful to others too ! I could be wrong with any post.

Last edited:
wv62...
try 4 tone conduct... may be easier for you....ih's, nickels...low conductors...lower tones...you will hear the difference...and watch the numbers....use big numbers on your screen.
You and your brother give it a go.

Thanks, but I think I will hold 4 tones for a backup until I give what you gave me with multi tones a good work out. I am at least a couple of weeks away from a actual hunt, still doing the care taker thing for my wife.
About all I can do now is go out in the yard and throw down a few coins. I was able to tell big silver from small silver using multi tones and I liked that.

I have been working disc patterns based on your thought and what I have notice in the field that I will not get a coin 101 number like 12-46 with a coin that has any depth. It could be anywhere 12 through 24 -46 or even 1 through 12 - 46 and the Co may come in 44 thru 47.
I have noticed deep nickels like Fe 1 or 2 - Co 13.

One thing I have noticed running multi tone in conductive is that disc out iron that falls in the high tone area down in the area of Fe 30 the detector is hitting it high tone with a Fe all over the place above 30. If I just open up the pattern for iron it will give me the actual Fe number and I can say for sure it is iron and move on. This item is a little add to what we have been talking about and was one of the reasons I was running ferrous sounds.

Ron in WV

Thanks, but I think I will hold 4 tones for a backup until I give what you gave me with multi tones a good work out. I am at least a couple of weeks away from a actual hunt, still doing the care taker thing for my wife.
About all I can do now is go out in the yard and throw down a few coins. I was able to tell big silver from small silver using multi tones and I liked that.

I have been working disc patterns based on your thought and what I have notice in the field that I will not get a coin 101 number like 12-46 with a coin that has any depth. It could be anywhere 12 through 24 -46 or even 1 through 12 - 46 and the Co may come in 44 thru 47.
I have noticed deep nickels like Fe 1 or 2 - Co 13.

One thing I have noticed running multi tone in conductive is that disc out iron that falls in the high tone area down in the area of Fe 30 the detector is hitting it high tone with a Fe all over the place above 30. If I just open up the pattern for iron it will give me the actual Fe number and I can say for sure it is iron and move on. This item is a little add to what we have been talking about and was one of the reasons I was running ferrous sounds.

Ron in WV
Answered your own question....open it up ... quick mask open screen and get the actual coin number...12-46...12-47.....it will bounce...the famous etrac bounce ...if it hits 46-47 co a few times and doesn't give high fe numbers near 30 anytime..could be silver..again ...a coin that has been in the ground nearly 100 years will scream a high, unmistable silver tone you will never forget in multi conduct sounds.

Then you have a good pattern going ....also refer to the pop cans post above again.....a deep pop can will hit 12-46 and 12-47...so will some shallow clad....now you are getting the deep silver idea.

Yep those pop cans and just the can tops drive us nuts.
Here is pictures of my disc patterns for all to see and use if wanted.

Ron in WV

P1.PNGP2.PNGP3.PNGP4.PNGP5.PNG

In all of your charts...only an Ih cent goes below fe of 22...the sd at 30 was iron range ...very interesting on that one...

Take a look at this article from MineLab.com, it will answer all of these questions.

"The E-TRAC has eleven different channels numbered ‘1’ to ‘11’, and each of these changes the frequencies that the E-TRAC operates on."

"One of the things not widely known about these Noise Cancel channels, is they can directly affect the E-TRAC’s performance. This effect isn’t really noticeable when using Auto Sensitivity, but when using Manual Sensitivity “maxed” out, the Noise Cancel channel can dramatically change the audio responses of the E-TRAC."

"For a program using conduct sounds, 10 and 11 isn’t a good place to be, especially when being used flat-out."

"Using Manual Sensitivity and Manual Noise Cancel is a better way of increasing performance. A Manual Noise Cancel setting of between 2 and 4 are probably the best to use with Sounds set to Conduct, and should be your first choice before looking elsewhere in the range."

Last edited: