Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

e-trac on the beach

mblemmy

Well spent my second day with my e-trac at the beach again.... got lots of clad and junk jewelry.no heavy yellow stuff.... this particular beach gets lots of pressure. i have been pretty successful with my excal. over the years. well as the e-trac manual suggests in a note on page 54 to run the sensitivity in manual on the beach. I did that and with less falsing. was able to run on 16. it seems i was getting a bit deeper which is definately true with the excal. in manual sensitivity. I also like the 4 tone better than the multi. and after running the excalibur for so long i like the pitch hold feature of the e-trac. i also noticed that i have to drag my scoop a little further behind me as i hunt so i must be gett'n a lil deeper..... and it was windy so for headphones i used my JVC marshmellows. they are extremely confortable and block out alot of noise especially wind. they are very soft earbud type. they fit deep into the ear best $15 i ever spent....i also lowered my threshhold tone. wow my excal is getting dusty in the corner.........

mikeB

etracswinger

but i run sensitivity at auto +3

i tried manual, which i have always believed and lived by, but not so with this machine, at least not right now, runs very smooth and settles in around 23 on my beach.

i did try I M some yesterday with 2 tones. and ferrous - i liked it too - i saw a post on another forum by Inidana Heath and he uses it for coin hunting around iron.

good luck

look like they might be ok...............would be damn light

u say they kock out the wind and wave noise pretty good??????

better than my koss and my acusound phones. you gotta try them... remember you will need a 1/8 in. to 1/4 in. adaptor. the cord on them is a bit short. they are fine for beach hunting with a long handle scoop where you dont have to put the detector down. for the dirt when your on your nees there a little short. i believe there is an extension with the adaptor available at an electronics store like circuit city,best buy, or radio shack. give them a try.

mikeB
etracswinger