Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E Trac pattern

sbumps

Has any of you ever tried this pattern.

http://youtu.be/h-vihGyLlj4

If you have or haven't any thoughts or comments about it?

I do love seeing these patterns , sorry it makes me laugh . If you are looking for something and you null out something else in a similar line . What happens if you have both targets in the same piece of ground ?
The nulled item will mask the other.

The system works best if used from bottom up but side to side will lose you finds. It also means you have to go very slow and keep the machine very low to the ground. If the settings are even slightly out then losing targets is inevitable.
Even the CTX will be the same , though it has the 2 target thing but the screen is harder to see .

There is no magic pattern. I run in all metal or relic all the time no matter where I am. If you scrim out anything, you are going to miss targets. In trashy areas the buzzing and chatter will drive you nuts but if you SLOOOWWW down, the noise is less and lets you pick out goodies in between the garbage. I have yet to not get good finds at hunted out spots because I learned the value of patience. I have had othe rguys stop when they see me detecting and tell me they just went through the spot with their Super Whamadyne Ultra Gitter and tell me I am wasting my time. I LOVE whipping out a good Merc and showing them what they left behind. The Etrac is not a magic wand and the best you can do is LESS discrimination so the processor, which is slow, can reset faster. That is true for pretty much any machine. I hear the Tesoros are fast though. The hardest thing to learn about the E is patience. Learn that and she will astound you. Screw all the magic patterns!

A fun experiment to try is running without any discrimination and when you find a good target in a trashy area, switch to your discrimination pattern and see if the good signal still comes through.

Enjoy.

I watched the video the other night and the thing that I thought was wrong and I'm new so I could be wrong but he had deep off and fast off, most setups I have seen has one of them on and the other off.

If I was going to "try" and make a jewelry pattern I would at least open up the #12 line with the 3 block. But there is no magic pattern especially for jewelry. For me discrimination goes hand in hand with the time you have to hunt. Also disc has a lot to do with how your knees and back feel that hunt. If I have a lot of time I may open up the disc pattern to investigate more targets. But if I have limited time I'll use a lot of disc to try and cherry pick. Use the discrimination however you want? Have fun....

Surfinsafari said:
There is no magic pattern. I run in all metal or relic all the time no matter where I am. If you scrim out anything, you are going to miss targets. In trashy areas the buzzing and chatter will drive you nuts but if you SLOOOWWW down, the noise is less and lets you pick out goodies in between the garbage. I have yet to not get good finds at hunted out spots because I learned the value of patience. I have had othe rguys stop when they see me detecting and tell me they just went through the spot with their Super Whamadyne Ultra Gitter and tell me I am wasting my time. I LOVE whipping out a good Merc and showing them what they left behind. The Etrac is not a magic wand and the best you can do is LESS discrimination so the processor, which is slow, can reset faster. That is true for pretty much any machine. I hear the Tesoros are fast though. The hardest thing to learn about the E is patience. Learn that and she will astound you. Screw all the magic patterns!

AMEN-This post should be sent out with every FBS detector ever made and in the directions book.Also on ever Minelab entry door to any building they own.

I agree fully the more disc you use the more you null and the more you will MISS the more you open your screen and go slow the better you will do and your finds will increase.

Goes4ever said:
I agree fully the more disc you use the more you null and the more you will MISS the more you open your screen and go slow the better you will do and your finds will increase.
I have to admit that I was sort of stumped when it came to learning the nuances of the E but reading this forum and Goesforevers advice and website did wonders. The number one lesson I learned was PATIENCE! All metal in high trash can be like Chinese water torture but coming from the beep and dig world I was used to fully investigating any good hit so using the Etrac and its TTF and iron mask sure made my scores go up. The E is loaded with features but I found out that KISS is the best. I leave the advanced features to the techie. I wanna hunt targets, not play with buttons and settings.

i agree with what the other posters have said. I run a very basic, minimal disc. pattern. #1 IRON -OUT.

rarely, in well used parks, i use disc. pattern #2, which adds to the iron disc.:pULLTABS-OUT. and thats only if im getting really frustrated with the pulltabs (like around a pavilion). very simple, minimal, nothing elaborate. I would never disc out anything with an FE below 20 or so, from the get-go.....let ME make the decision. I want to know whats down there. I will decide whether or not to dig.

jmo. :cheers:

Okay.......this pattern made me think of a old drive in theater we have locally. It opened in the 50's and closed in 2000. I went once. I got out of my truck and saw what looked like 10,000 pull tabs lying on top the ground. Needless to say I got back in my truck. Being new to the etrac I wasn't/am not confident enough to experiment with my own patterns. I wonder if silver will ring through with all the blanking this pattern would create at this site, especially with all the tabs on top the ground.

you also have to remember anybody can get on Youtube and upload a video, but that doesn't mean they are experts

Sonora70 said:
Okay.......this pattern made me think of a old drive in theater we have locally. It opened in the 50's and closed in 2000. I went once. I got out of my truck and saw what looked like 10,000 pull tabs lying on top the ground. Needless to say I got back in my truck. Being new to the etrac I wasn't/am not confident enough to experiment with my own patterns. I wonder if silver will ring through with all the blanking this pattern would create at this site, especially with all the tabs on top the ground.
That place would be a dream come true for me. I used to do the same thing when I first got my E. If it seemed to trashy I left. So did most other guys so the goodies are probably there but you will have to work for them. Get a small coil, and methodically work the place, bet you find alot of goodies!

I fully agree with the previous posts. I try to keep discrimination to a minimum (mask to a point right before nails start to false) and go very slow.
I cant stress how important a very slow controlled swing is to get the deep oldies as there is such a fine line between missing a very deep target and getting it.
It took me half a decade and a ton of signals to learn that :cool: