Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac +Ratphones = Silver

grumpyolman

I went to the old school that is close that I have pounded really hard. I say pounded and that doesn't necessarily mean 'well'. Second time out with the Rats and they are fine. Totally different sound than the Grey Ghosts and the Killer Bees I have. Probably because they are 20-20,000 hz and one can hear the entire range of tones emitted by the ET and clearly, also.
Walked to an area that seemed low in probability but one I hadn't hunted before. I was working slow and listening carefully and about 15' after I started I heard a 'sweet' high tone that hit 11-45 on the ET and was deep. I had never heard that particular sound before and really thought it might be that sound all describe. It was. The signal was so deep that after opening the plug and hinging about 4" of sod and grass out of the area, the X-1 didn't utter a peep. It took one more layer of dirt removal with the Gator and then the X-1 responded that a target was there. It still sounded just like it did with the coil. Two more trips removing the dirt placed the target on top of the ground cloth and the X-1 sound was in the dug dirt, not the hole. A little moving around and there was a Rosy.

The next signal sounded high and sweet but not quite the same. It too was 11-45 and I went down a long way to find a wheatie. By now it was getting dark, I'd started late in the afternoon, and I did hear about 4 more deep 11-44s but didn't dig them. I'll go back when the light level and energy level is a little higher.

Maybe I experienced that sweet sound of silver. Jim

Welcome to the "sweet sound of silver" group. I wish I could hear it all day! :) I use RATphones (MSA) as well and agree that the sounds are much more distinct than other phones. I also like the "muffler" (don't know the technical term) on them that keeps the load sounds (Pinpointing mostly, I use sizing ) from blowing your brains out. Only thing I don't like is mine are white, but small price to pay for a perfect set of headphones!

Oh yeah, I use MSAs on my SE, and the sound is sweet. When you get to hunting by the 'sound' and not so much the numbers, these phones kick it up a notch.

Are the Ratphone MSA's still being sold? I can't seem to find anyone selling them anymore.

Thanks
-Alex

n/t

That's the case. Shut down...only for awhile I hope. I placed a WTB in the classifieds and got a set there.

They are also unique as the the cord plugs into the headphones as well as the detector. That's nice because it's usually the wire and the strain relief that die on most headphones. With the Rats you just grab a guitar cord from any music shop and you're back in business. Other's guarantee their phones but they are gone for awhile for the factory repair. I know I sent my Grey Ghosts in one time and they came back with an improved type of strain relief. For me, the Rats top all the others I have tried. Jim

akelley said:
Are the Ratphone MSA's still being sold? I can't seem to find anyone selling them anymore.

Thanks
-Alex

Hey Rick, if you are out there... Alot of folks have been asking! Any chance we can see more down the road?

n/t

I love em too...
2009_0710ETracfirsthunt0090.jpg

2009_0729ETracWashington0012.jpg

2009_0729ETracWashington0019.jpg