Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac Settings

CAgem

I guess I'm a bit simple minded, but I don't get the new Iron Mask. If most of the goodies fall in the 12 range (ferrous) why not set the mask at, say 20? Second question. I've always hunted in conductive, is there any reason to switch to ferrous tones? I'm going to hunt in England in a few weeks, does hunting there change the settings much? Thank you for your help.

You'll probably get many expert answers. Many of us are still worried about iron masking so we open up more screen with Quick Mask.
In the UK there are many low conductive treasures so the people over there usually go with a wide open screen with just nail masked out.

Better to stay in conduct and use multi tones.I dont use any iron mask period. when i use the Et and after many hours of using the Et i now recognise the goodies by audio alone and only occaisonaly do i check the screen for numerical confirmation which i rare.
Whiggy