Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-trac speaker fault??

darkmark1967

Hello all,
a short while ago I purchased a second hand E trac, and I have also just started using a set of remote headphone transmitters. When I use the e-trac some sound comes out of the speaker, even when the headphone socket has the 1/4" jack in place. Is this usual? Or do I have a short in the system somewhere. The sound is very muted and happens whenever a signal is made by the detector in use. I only noticed this because I had turned the e-trac on before turning on the transmitter. Any ideas would be most appreciated,
Happy Hunting,
Mark

darkmark1967 said:
Hello all,
a short while ago I purchased a second hand E trac, and I have also just started using a set of remote headphone transmitters. When I use the e-trac some sound comes out of the speaker, even when the headphone socket has the 1/4" jack in place. Is this usual? Or do I have a short in the system somewhere. The sound is very muted and happens whenever a signal is made by the detector in use. I only noticed this because I had turned the e-trac on before turning on the transmitter. Any ideas would be most appreciated,
Happy Hunting,
Mark

Does it do the same thing with plain old headphones plugged in?

Mine does the same thing,,,it's about 7 years old and has been used hard over those years, My shoulders make noise as well:) If you're inclined you might try to clean the headphone port or get a different adapter that has a different configuration. I think there is something about the grounding that disconnects the external speaker and perhaps your wireless adapter is not making complete contact. I put some tape over the vents on the back of my control box to mute it more completely,,,fixed it just fine.

Hi all,
yes, it does it if anything is plugged in, the only reason I noticed it is that the sound could be heard when the transmitter was plugged in, but not on. I have had a strip out of the headphone jack and noticed that the wires are quite close together so I placed some tape over each contact, but the speaker still makes a slight noise. Next time I spot another e trac user I'll have a listen to see if theirs does the same.
Thanks and Happy Hunting

Hi, mine also does this. I noticed it when I first got the Etrac (2nd hand) and also wondered if this was normal. Apparently it is, and it doesn't affect the machine's performance.