Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac threshhold

DigginDoc

I have been using the new E-Trac a bit and still learning. Last time out and since, I found that the threshhold changed to a different pitch when I ran over a target. High low or in the middle, the threshold comes back to a similar pitch as the multi sound target it went over. If that makes sense.
Any ideas?
thanks
Doc

Are you using the "pitch hold" option?

That sounds like the Minelab Excalibur, water machine. Check to make sure you have it set for variable sounds and not limited sounds. I always run at about 14, just under the threshold sound. I don't like the constant humming of the threshold and the thumping as it goes in and out. I have been told by an engineer friend the the most sensitive threshold spot is just under audible. He said that the threshold voltage not used to produce the constant sound is added to the target voltage. I do very well running this way and get quite deep targets. I have done the same in Australia and dug many nuggets.

Ohio Bud

Thanks very much Jason. Somehow I did have the pitch hold on. Seems OK now on a quick test now. I better read up some more on this beast. I'm taking it to the UK in Oct. Appreciate your assistance.:thumbup:
Doc

Thanks Bud. I'm trying to learn the Excal as well so it's interesting around here at times. Fun though. Cheers and thanks for the info.
Doc

Ohio bud said:
Doc, I hope you are not going with the guy in Colchester.

Ohio Bud

Well I'm goin with a bunch of guys to Colchester!!
Doc