Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

e-trac to compliment an exterra 70

north1

Have an exterra 70 with 3khz and 18.75 coils. Hunt primarily old farmsteads which have an abundance of iron. Have the ability to pick up a new etrac with gift cards with no out of pocket cost(can't swing a ctx just too much money). Will the etrac running in ttf be much more effective in the heavily iron laden sites I hunt over the exterra? Would keep the exterra to cherry pick then move to the etrac and work slow to pick keepers out of the iron. Also use the exterra in wood tot lots with 18.75 small coil to pick out gold jewerly(seems to work well). Maybe the etrac would also work well running a jewerly program in these areas? Any info and advice would be appreciated. Happy New Year to All!!

The ETrac will put the XTerra to shame in a trashy site. My backup machine is an XTerra 70 and the reason I bought the ETrac is because I saw what it would do while Andy Sabisch was working with the prototype in an old trashy fairground site. The XTerra was great on the surface coins, but could not see through the trash. He was pulling silver and wheaties while I couldn't see anything.

I just learned TTF a couple of months ago (have had my ETrac for four years now) and it has opened up a whole new world for me. I am going back to spots I hunted in conductive and pulling out silver that I couldn't see before because of the iron.

I recently got permission to get back into this locked fairground site and four of my buddies and I have pulled 23 silver out (20 were found by ETracs, 3 by a Safari).

I am keeping my XTerra for a loaner machine, but am thinking of selling my XP Deus and buying another ETrac for a backup machine for me.

Once you buy an ETrac, the XTerra will only come out for you to show someone else how to use when they hunt with you.

Good luck in your decision.

Get the ET , its very good and much more accurate , though the Terra is good for getting between the trash.
Its why i have the ET / CTX and the Terra 705. Your American ? without rechecking and should know that a fleet should be well balanced :D

As for the programmes on the ET, do not use the waaaaay over the top screen discriminations on them , open up the screen and use the sensitivity and gain to give you depth . If you use to much blacked out screen then you will miss the good stuff in that area , and if a good enough target is close to that blacked out number then you could miss that target as the ET would probably miss it and that means that the more you discriminate the more slowly you will have to go.
Try 28 + auto sens + 3 , Recovery deep on fast off , Noise cancel set to 1 to 3 , Gain at 27 . The rest is up to you though set the threshold hum to as low as possible without not hearing it.
When you get very good with it use the manual sensitivity at 28 +

I upgraded from the xterra 3 yrs ao, and in 3 yrs I have used my xterra maybe 2-3 times. My wife uses it though, and she likes it. I will always keep it as a back up, but the etrac is way, way better machine.

Tenspeed said:
The ETrac will put the XTerra to shame in a trashy site. My backup machine is an XTerra 70 and the reason I bought the ETrac is because I saw what it would do while Andy Sabisch was working with the prototype in an old trashy fairground site. The XTerra was great on the surface coins, but could not see through the trash. He was pulling silver and wheaties while I couldn't see anything.

I just learned TTF a couple of months ago (have had my ETrac for four years now) and it has opened up a whole new world for me. I am going back to spots I hunted in conductive and pulling out silver that I couldn't see before because of the iron.

I recently got permission to get back into this locked fairground site and four of my buddies and I have pulled 23 silver out (20 were found by ETracs, 3 by a Safari).

I am keeping my XTerra for a loaner machine, but am thinking of selling my XP Deus and buying another ETrac for a backup machine for me.

Once you buy an ETrac, the XTerra will only come out for you to show someone else how to use when they hunt with you.

Good luck in your decision.

I am surprised the XP Deus took off in America , its alright but i think not as deep as the Minelab on deep coins and the numbers are a bit irratic at times, a good machine hunting for Hammereds and Roman/Celtic stuff in Europe/UK but America ?

Thanks for all your great replies and info, the order has been placed. Now to get Andy Sabisch book and start learning. Can't wait for spring. Thanks again!

Keep that 70 , its a brilliant machine.

Keep that X-Terra 70x, it's a great detector and compliments the E-Trac, thats why I still have both.

I do use the E-Trac more, but there have been times where I was too tired to swing the E-Trac and the X-Terra 705 that I have fits that bill and can be as good as the E-Trac if used right, you just got to listen to find the goods.

I've never used the Xterra, but the other day I used the TTF program "properly" for the first time (Thank you Goes4Ever!!) and I was pounded out the coins from a spot that I've never been able to hunt before because of all the trash..... It was mostly clad with several nickels and a few old ones and wheaties, plus some earrings and a few pulltabs, but WOW!!!! My guess is that you are going to LOVE the E-Trac... just follow how Goes4Ever says to set it up for TTF and you will be amazed.... I kept switching from normal tones to smooth tones and couldn't figure which one I liked the most, but in just an hour and a half, I probably dug more coins using TTF in this trashy spot than I have ever dug in a any spot and running it regular. Every time I tried that mode before, I used the relics pattern and never blacked out the 01-01 thru 01-35 line and the noise drove me crazy, but since I actually did it right this time, I'm a true believer... plus I was using the 6" eXcelerator coil with it. You won't regret your purchase!

The Xterra is a great machine, keep it!!!
My Xterra 705 is the nr.1 field machine.Had my best finds with XT705

But when it comes to trashy sites or parks I use the
excellent Etrac with 6x8 SEF. Superb in that kind of ground.

Mike

I have an etrac and am hunting an old homestead. In a lot of these treasure books it is called the boggs treasure sight. It is about 80 acr. The owner of the place showed me where the old loge house had been, the barn and the well. The old military road ran about 50 yards in front of the house. The gold was said to be berried in the garden. I can't find where the garden was. The place is covered up in iron,brass,tin, and everything else. I have dugg so many empty holes I have lost count. The group is shell and hard to digg. Can you help me with the settings on my etrac so I can get the best program for this sight.

Yip the etrac sure is a great machine,I also have an xterra 705,and will never part with it.
It is interesting to see so many users started on an xterra and have progressed to the etrac in my mind they are both superb machines
and perform with ease and good reliability......cheers jim