Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E Trac Troubles anyone have these symptoms, plus one great day of hunting

coinnut

I have had three separate glitches happen to me on Saturday's hunt! First the machine would turn itself on again (and do it's little song) when I bumped a root or rock. Doesn't have to be a hard hit. Then in the middle of hunting, it did a excessive voltage, auto shut down. I was hunting with the regular rechargables about 5 hours already, and it just decided to turn off. And lastly, and most troubling, is that the audio goes from loud to almost non existent. My threshold and target signal almost disappear.Then they just return and all is normal until they decide to give out again. I have to strain and bend closer to hear it. I thinking it's a grounding issue of some sort, because after about the fifth time, I gave it a little love tap:devil: like we used to do on our old TV, and it returned the threshold. I didn't have to hit hard, just a tap at the top side of the screen and it was workable. Imagine that $1500.00 worth of machine and you have to love tap it too!!!:rofl: But I must say, I can't believe the amount of SHALLOW targets that are masked, that this machine is finding!! AMAZING!! This area has been pounded like no other I have ever been to, and these targets were all there. Most were with iron, in or under or around them. Two targets were 1-30 and were both wheats on edge at around 2". I could even see the green imprint of one of them in the side wall, almost vertical. Some targets were real iffy and would bounce around but sometimes hit around 12-39. I know a lot of people are changing their opinions about hunting in stock coin programs, modified as they may be. But I am definitely getting better results with a wide open screen, ferrous, manual 22 sensitivity. I like to hear it all. Besides some of my coins first ID came in at and around 23-37. This got me to investigate and then I could center better and get a lower reading, more like 15-37. Still off though. I think iron is really changing the numbers a lot. Also this area is very mineralised. Still no coins deeper than 6" .And those pesky aluminum bottle caps. Got to dig them. They're all over that coin range! But here are the results of about 12 hours of hunting. I'm very impressed with the E Trac so far.

Darn nice hunt! Looks like you found some nice stuff there, but I wish the resolution of your pics was better - can't see a lot of the stuff. Is that a large cent? You might want to consider a scanner as the pics come out so much better. As far as your unit - doesn't sound good, but heck, even not working at 100% it's still doing great! Good job - wish I could have gotten out today!

Sorry about the pictures. There was low lighting and the macro hates low light. The anti shake doesn't work as well so they come out blurry. The large cent is trashed and is an 1850. The E trac did exceptionally well. I can't wait to go out there again! Most of my silver finds have been from there.

I got a silver quarter today at a solid 23-37... it came through on my iron pattern I posted below.. , but even switching to quick mask it stayed there.. I wasn't expecting a quarter at all... but it was above a few nails, it was funn cause I was digging so many iron falses that just to be sure I was using quick mask with the x1 probe so I could get the nails, but I must have dug the quarter right away, I keep going for the nails with the probe thinking I wasn't there yet, but a sweep of the dirt got the quarter.. it must have only been a few inches deep, the nails were down about 7 or 8.. as for your silent problem.. Mine has that too. I though they said that was normal... like an overload I get a ping then silence, then its back in a few seconds.. maybe it isn't supposed to be normal...

My silence problem goes on for sometimes 5 minutes. It's not a null or anything like that. It's definitely an issue. I just can't break away from it to call and send it back:inlove: I think it's an addiction. I'll do it in the winter, but not now. Not while the coins are coming up like this. This is the first hunt that has had that loss of sound problem. Funny about that quarter??? Glad I was using an open screen for mine. Iron has lots of influence on targets, more than we know of. If I only dug solid number targets that day, I would have half that pile, and only the 2 Roosevelts to show for silver. This is what I got, imagine what I still missed by not knowing how the machine reads in iron and minerals??? I bet there is still more that I went over but did not get. HH

Hi Coinut, Yes I had a similar situation. I am a Minelab dealer and the Etrac I picked to be my demo after about a day wouldn't turn on and after an hour or so I would try it again and it would turn on for about 5 or 6 consecutive times and wouldn't turn on again. I left it sitting against the wall in the living room and I could here it turning itself on and off in the middle of the night. Of course Minelab sent a replacement immediately and all is well. I thought I would chime in here Coinut and let you know you aren't alone. Take care and HH.

John Tomlinson,CET

I haven't had those problems but I have had it shut off in the middle of startup a few times. When I am in digital screen I usually have two crosshairs in the thumbnail of the disc screen.

Nice finds...

Julien

n/t