Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac V SE

NH Bob

The E-Trac is not an Explorer, is just the beginning. The E-Trac is not for every one, could be the rest of the story.

I have worked with the E-Trac for days on end. I

I am sure there will be others that feel the way that you do and that is probably why Minelab isn't shutting down the Explorer line of detectors. The E-Trac is just an offshoot of the Explorer and not for everyone. You have to use what you are comfortable with and what works for you!

HH

Beachcomber

Hey Bob, Only you know what you are comfortable with and enjoy. You'll come to the right decision. Keep on a swinging. EddieB

n/t

I understand exactly what you are saying. I have used and SE for about a year and for most of that time I was frustrated and not really happy with it. I had decided several times to sell it but everytime I would decide to keep it. I figured that there was something wrong with me\, not the SE, too many people love it. I could not tolerate selling it without coming to understand it. Finally I began to enjoy it after going to AM/ferrous, still I wasn't as happy with it as I thought I should be.

Enter the E-TRAC. I warmed up to it right away. I have hardly looked at my SE since getting the ET. I am comfortable with the ET and am making good finds with it. It really does seem to have some unmasking ability. I am making finds where I really shouldn't be.

I will now be able to sell my SE and feel good about it.

I think that never having come to love the SE makes a huge difference in the way I feel about the ET.

It's all good. I am right and so are you. Confidence in anything you have or anything you do makes a huge difference in the results... plus there is the enjoyment factor.

Julien

Just kiddin' buddy - you're one of the better guys out there with the machine - use which ever one you feel comfortable with and which ever one produces for you. I just got back from a week's vacation and brought my SE - didn't want to spend the limitted time that I had to detect learning the new machine. I'm hoping to get out with the ET this weekend if the weather holds up as I want to love this new machine!

Hi Bob, Glad you have finally come to terms with your decision. Detecting is a great part of my life. It keeps me fit, it clears the mind of stress, and on top of that it is enjoyable!!! That is the key. Be happy detecting. If the SE is what you are good at, and it makes you happy. DO IT!!! I'm glad you are going to do what makes you happy. For me, I am coming from a DFX, so I have no experience with a Minelab! So there is no loss for me. But the seasoned Minelabers know what they want and the E trac will never be a newer version of their last machine. In a bit I will post my take on the E trac and it's capabilities vs it's non capabilities. It was an interesting decision for me. HH

That is just the point I was making. By going from another machine other than the Explorer. One would take to the E-Trac and enjoy it. The rest is history.