Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-trac vs Explorer

Question is logical and simple and year ago I ask the same question :lol: I suspect you will not get clear answer. my opinion Explorer and etrac very similar, and you can use both with the same success. They both from the 90s. one cost more then another. but if you want new- with etrac you will lose less money on resale. good luck

....the Etrac is more sensitive and faster recovering. It also has more audio options. It's Ferrous range has been expanded from 30 to 35.
Many people say it's deeper but I'm not 100% sure on this. It's supposed to be lighter and it's handle is angled differently for better balance.

Gaz.

Old deep coins in trash machine made.Pic of just first 6 months of finds found mostly in areas hammered bt Explorers for years.

I have not used the Explorer, but from what I've read they took what they knew about the Explorer and improved on it with the E-Trac.

Mainly what they called the verticle S-Curve on the Explorer has been flattened out on the horizontal 12 line of the E-Trac. Less bouncing around on the horizontal as there was with the Explorer vertical sweet spot.

Based on all that I've read and some comparing with the explorer emulator and operating my etrac...

More options, better discrimination, higher resolution screen, better audio on deep or iffy targets, higher sensitivity with better stability, infinite storage of personalized settings via Xchange, better "see thru" abilities in iron, faster processor = faster recovery from nulling... I wouldn't mind getting an explorer as a backup/buddy detector but I have the Sov Xs2pro for now...

HH all..........Dean

when somebody says -better "see thru" abilities in iron- I want to laugh, they are very close for iron places, not better not worst, because its the same detector. for screen yes Etrac is better, more stable on screen. connectivity to computer why you need this? does it aloud you to change something important how etrac works?

I had the Explorer SE and it was a good detector, but the E-Trac seems much better.

Faster processor means less time waiting for the screen to refresh. I've been told the SE has a faster processor than the older Explorers, and I thought the SE was extremely slow.

The E-Trac is far more stable than the SE was and my SE was a Pro(same coil). More stability means greater usable depth.

I could get about an hour of use on the SE before my back was shot from the weight. I can hunt all day with the E-Trac and no fatigue. Much better balance.

In the end it was the in the field results that put the E-Trac leaps above the SE. My E-Trac is still pulling extremely deep keepers from the park my SE quit producing from.

For me the E-Trac wins hands down.

I went from Whites DFX to Explorer to E Trac
I cant say how much the E Trac blows the others away
The graph with numbers and tones may be too much for some but works for me
If your arms get tired then aside from working with weights there is always the swingy thing
Happy Hunting

fast on deep off difficult on and sensitivity manual at 26-30.Gain and variability at max as well.Some times I will use quick mask with just enough of pottom blacked out to eliminate square nails.

I use TTF at a couple of CW sites that are a carpet of nails from over 40 buildings being burned during the CW.I do not fool around with many patterns and different settings after I found good success and just do evering thing the same each time out so I know exactly what the E-Trac is telling me.I only use the Pro Golds as well so what I hear does not change from hunt to hunt.

I also hunted a lot of hours in the 6 months to find what was pictured.The last 6 months were not quite as good but I was starting to thin the goodies out at the same old sites by then.

I hunted yesterday at one of the better previous sites for 3 solid hours without a single coin:sadwalk:

I also dig when in doubt as many of my finds posts have shown with a lot of odd trash to go with the goodies,Ray.

Don"t Laugh,
The E trac does have more "see thru" in iron only because it IS faster at processing a target or in other words it can respond in a dead null or next to iron and discriminated targets fast enough to let you know there is a good target. If you sweep the Explorer over or by an rusty iron pipe you HAVE TO GO SLOWWWWW for the machine to respond to a good target next to it. Most guys don't know how slow that is. With the E trac it will respond after a null or in a null and faster next to the pipe. No the Explorers are not as see thru. The SE will get the signal but you have to crawl like your a moving rock pile. The EXII missed a nice brass token next to a rusty old pipe 8inches down for 3 years-the E trac hit it on the first sweep while going sideways along its length. I dug my first gold ring this year right out of an 2x2 ft iron patch of crusty rusted iron with a 12inch coil and the ring was right in the center of it been over that many times with My Explorer XS and EX II and nothing but null.

I'm jus sayin.

you all etrac users mostly are right , just forgot to say, I use explorer without discrimination and what I saw and tested they work similar,, but again its just without discrimination. with discrimination I think etrac to slow, but maybe not dead slow like explorer. :cheers:

I think one way to solve this speed Question to make etrac vs explorer side by side speed test without discrimination, nail and coin.. most of you have etracs and explorers. make short video swinging both. I never saw anything before, except I was able to repeat video from minelab tv with my explo0rer xs and stopped worry about buying etrac. make me etrac sick again. with clear evidence. Thanks all

I've owned both. For me, the E-Trac is better hands down. Other guys know the SE so well they can run rings around the E-Trac. It's a matter of preference.