Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-trac was kicking tail & taking names today.

JohnTN

I took the E-trac out to a 100 year old church nearby that I have worked about out. The last two times there I spent about 2 hrs per hunt. One hunt I came home with 2 lincoln pennies, the last hunt was a Buffalo nickel and a Canadian nickel. This yard is littered with modern aluminum trash and iron from all the years of occupation. Today I concentrated on a small area about 20 x 20 where I found some wheats way back when I first started hunting the place. I have never pulled a silver coin from this churchyard but was always convinced they had to be there. I have talked to the Deacon there that gave me permission to hunt and he said that there had been alot of fill dirt put on the lawn over the years since it's next to a creek and flooded back in the early 70's. So I reasoned that the silver was there it was just deep. I was right, the E-trac proved it. I dug 5 silvers and 10 wheats and $2.99 in clad. ALL of these targets were so masked by nails and bits of aluminum can that had been chopped up by a mower that I had to really work slow and have patience when pinpointing since the all metal pinpoint will grab onto the shallow or strongest signals first. Some holes would have 3 or 4 trash items in the same hole. I don't think I dug a coin under 6" today 8-10" seem to be the norm with the silver quarter at 11 maybe 12" and on a slant in the side of the hole. Check out the one wheat penny that actually had a nail welded to it in the dirt. I have hit this church yard with the Sov GT, The Original Sov, Idx Pro with Mr Bill's Mods, XL-Pro, Compass GSP, Nautillus IIb, Fisher 1266-x, Tesoro Vaquero and several others. Silver eluded all these machines but not the E-Trac

I do not rely on the visual ferrous and conductive #'s I have noticed the conductive #'s are more reliable that the ferrous #'s though.
I hunt by tone 95% and visual the other 5%. I have found out that in trashy areas your tones will be very narrow but alot like the explorer you can hear that faint desirable tone in the mix with all the trash tones. I tested alot of the signals and couldn't get the tone but one way and played with the sensitivity alot and did notice that a relatively smooth threshold is the way to go in the trash if you try to overpower the iron falses start sounding much better.

I set up the E-trac similar to how I use to hunt with my old Explorer II with all metal and run the ferrous up to 28 set up my Quickmask as all metal. I used conductive sounds, auto sensitivity ( playing around between -3/+3 ), high trash, deep on, fast off, normal response.