Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac Xchange difficulty

Druid

Has anyone had an error message that the file is not a valid win32 program appear when trying to download a pattern in the xchange program?
Probably my lack of knowledge but I can't seem to get the patterns saved into my E-Trac.

You may possibly have a dodgey connection via the cable from your E-trac, through to the usb connection or the usb port may not functioning properly. Try another usb port.

Some info here:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000726.htm

or

If it's software related, maybe uninstall E-trac Xchange and re install it. If that fails and assuming you are using a Windows PC ,you may want to engage Microsoft Security Essential and/or use the online MS FIX it center to help out with any problems with software.

I am sure that you're aware that the detector needs to be switched on while your doing this pattern download through E-trac Xchange. I tried "download all patterns for E-trac" without connecting to my E-trac and it reports:

"Could not connect to the E-trac. Check the connection and try again."

I'm using windows 7 and tried it on vista and xp. They all work fine and report the same when E-trac is NOT switched on.

Hope I've helped.

daviddi