Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac Xchange Mode Patterns?

coyote

Dear Friends .... This SC just purchased a very nice E-Trac a couple of months ago. The etrac xchange software I was able to download and have been able download a couple of the E-Trac Xchange Mode/Patterns to add to the Settings. That were discussed and shared by Our E-Trac Forum.:) Very nicely done! Thank you!
If I have this right I believe I have Bill's Trashy Program - Andy's Coin Program - Elmy's Nickel Program that was shared & installed. What I need to know from Our Forum is/are what would be other patterns/modes that would be recommended to have on board the E-Trac and where might I find the patterns to download? Mostly coin hunting in trash areas.

Hopefully this attempt will help others to suggest what they may have found would help or may be included. Any an all assistance with this matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your expertise. CY - USAF 62-66

I have lots of programs for etrac and ctx-- I only use open screen ttf or AndyS. IMO, programs are overrated, at least in my neck of the woods.

No offence against Elmy's 110-- I'm also looking for gold, so I don't use his excellent program very often.

What you are looking for will decide what program you should use.

If I have this right I believe I have Bill's Trashy Program - Andy's Coin Program - Elmy's Nickel Program that was shared & installed. What I need to know from Our Forum is/are what would be other patterns/modes that would be recommended to have on board the E-Trac and where might I find the patterns to download? Mostly coin hunting in trash areas.

Hopefully this attempt will help others to suggest what they may have found would help or may be included. Any an all assistance with this matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your expertise. CY - USAF 62-66
I usually run a mostly open screen (28FE to 35FE discriminated out), I also have the Andy S. coin program, Bill S. trashy park, Elmy's 110. I did write a cherry picking program that has a whole lot of discrimination . I don't think you need too many programs. I use any one of these on occasion, but mostly the open screen and listen to tones (probably not for a beginner)

No offence against Elmy's 110-- I'm also looking for gold, so I don't use his excellent program very often.
I recently opened up the 12 line all the way across all of my discrimination patterns... I dig every 12-01 to 12-50 signal... still no gold but I know it's coming.

If you have andy s and bill s programs , you probably have what most people start with and the all metals or wide open pattern.
You customize these patterns to fit your area or as jkline said....what you are looking for.
Out in the field while hunting, conditions change and you adjust for them...or adjust as you hunt....on the fly.

Yeah I 2nd the opinion that patterns are overrated. I run an open screen in TTF and a modified version of the stock coin pattern which takes out some of the junk targets. I do tinker with the settings in bad conditions.

@gunwolf

I've found 2 gold rings and one silver ring with black hills gold: they rang up, 12 12, 9 16, 10 35.
thanks, shows you how much I know about Gold...:LOL: never owned any, still don't so I can't air test.. but read alot of posts where everyone seemed to be on the same page about most gold hitting in the 12 FE range... But I can see like other coins and stuff how the FE numbers can change with conditions... so basically by opening the 12 line I'm still gambling!;)

thanks, shows you how much I know about Gold...:LOL: never owned any, still don't so I can't air test.. but read alot of posts where everyone seemed to be on the same page about most gold hitting in the 12 FE range... But I can see like other coins and stuff how the FE numbers can change with conditions... so basically by opening the 12 line I'm still gambling!;)
any target near a pull tab or any trash will bend the target's id you are after... a clean gold ring may hit the magic 12 fe line.....if your lucky enough to find one out in the clear.
We all know now how much a nickel can bend a coin's id.

Yeah I 2nd the opinion that patterns are overrated. I run an open screen in TTF and a modified version of the stock coin pattern which takes out some of the junk targets. I do tinker with the settings in bad conditions.
I should have explained that with the patterns I'm looking to save I should be able to try out and see how they work in the area & targets I searching for. Then to be able to edit the ones that might be promising. Basically ... I'm just a little tinkerer. Thanks for the input.

If you have andy s and bill s programs , you probably have what most people start with and the all metals or wide open pattern.
You customize these patterns to fit your area or as jkline said....what you are looking for.
Out in the field while hunting, conditions change and you adjust for them...or adjust as you hunt....on the fly.
This is something this SC has to get better familiar with! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm sure it will make the difference I'm looking for.

i know I used to be able to down load the xchange program from here, can anyone help point me in the right direction. I'm lost with out that program

i know I used to be able to down load the xchange program from here, can anyone help point me in the right direction. I'm lost with out that program
It has been removed from the minelab website....use the cd that came with your etrac. This is your first post ??????

My email is daviddi@optusnet.com.au
Send me your email address
Happy to email E-TRAC-Xchange to you. it's a zipped 13.1 mgb for PC.
Got some ptrn and Etrac emulater if you want as well.