Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac Xchange Problems

unearth

Hello All-
Me again...with the same problem. How do you get to see the programs with the Xchange program. I don't want to load them into the machine just yet, I want to view them first. I've read and re-read all the post about the Xchange, but it still doesn't work or I'm not understanding what is being written.

I've loaded the cd into my computer, I've made a program folder for the programs, I've put the three programs (files), from the forum, into said folder, so now I want to view them.

I double click on the icon on my desktop for the Xchange, I click on "I want to" from the settings screen, open mode from a file, I browse for my E-Trac folder, in which I've created another folder to download the programs to, I click to open the program folder, but nothing shows up in the folder. If I try to open the files from the E-Trac folder, I get, windows cannot open this file.

So, again I ask, what am I doing wrong!! Is it wrong to put the files into a folder? Do I have to open them straight from the forum? If so, how do you do that?

Apparently I need step by step instructions to get this thing going.

Anybody want to send me a private message with their phone number that has the Xchange working for them, I'll call at their convenience to see if I can finally learn to do, what I'm sure is a simple operation.
Gary

The only 2 options to view a Pattern *.ptrn through E-trac Xchange are to:

1 Download all patterns from E-trac .
2 Upload a pattern to E-trac .

BUT

So you need to FIRSTLY USB CONNECT and switch the E-trac detector ON.

Then run the ET Xchange program and download the patterns from your Etrac

or UPLOAD the *.ptrn files that you have downloaded form the varies site.

Any editing or creating of a patterns needs to be done on the E-trac.

There is NO program as yet, that will allow PC editing or creating of the *ptrn through Windows or any other op system it seems.

So far, trying to OPEN as a *.ptrn through windows is not possible.................So don't bother trying to open them in windows.

Just download them into a directory on your pc and connect and switch on E-trac and go from there

I have included a *.ptrn file to try.

Most of the above also applies with the and mode.glb.mode files relative to the E-trac's setup files. though you can edit these files form the PC and save and upload and download them

Hope I have helped

David Di

you can look at th.program in the etrac exchange program without uploading to the etrac but the etrac must be plugged in to the computer to do this you must send the program to a file first by right clicking and and do a save as , put it in the file then hook up the etrac and view the program on the exchange program. this works for me thanks Mike

I am not sure what you are saying there, you are always saying you install the cd.. you only install the CD once, and that is to run the install program that loadsl the program onto your program files computer.. once installed the CD can go in the box and stay there...

If you indeed installed it into your windows programs, the you just run the program and pick the pattern tab, then under "I want to" box
select upload a pattern to the etrac. and browse the folder you saved them for.. pick the pattern you want and it will load to the box on the program where you can look at it.. it is small and you cant see much anyway... and you can not edit patterns on the computer that I know of.. too bad they didn't add that capability... not sure why they did not... would make it worthwhile for when they come out with my ferrous mode Extrac :)

Jim for some reason I have to be connected to the etrac to upload from the file. I can upload if it is a factory program but one that I saved of this web site .I cannot upload must have something to do with the way I saved it without being connected which is still not a big deal for me I can use it like this.:shrug:

hmmm.. not sure I even tried one form this website.. make sure you right click on the link and do a save as, do not use the open file link.. maybe thats corrupting the file.. I could not open the mode file that someone posted below though... but that was saved wrong to begin with I think.. the mode files need to be glb extensions and patterns ptrn files.. extensions should not be just renamed

You only get to see a tiny little thumbnail of the pattern which is essentially worthless and the software is put in a state where its ready to try to upload the pattern to the machine (see my thread on Minelab's brain-dead software)...I was very disappointed last night when I installed the software to see what limitted functionality it has and the convoluted interface that someone designed - not professional quality at all - I'm sure the machine itself rocks, but the software was written by someone that is not very good at what they do - this is unfortunate!

Hopefully ML will release a better version of Exchange that will allow on screen editing much as you can with the E-Track.