Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac

SandPhantom

How does the E-trac work on gold rings and jewelry. I understand there are detectors out there that will hit better. Im debating adding an E-trac/SE Pro/ or V3 to my arsenal. Im really leaning toward the E-trac but the other two are really making it hard to decide. How well is the E on the beach as far as dry and wet sand(the excalibur will be my go to for the beach, but for the days Im not getting wet)? The problem I have is I like hunting the coins and jewlery and from what I understand (which may be biased or from sources without indepth understanding of their machine) is that the E is strong on silver but weak on smaller gold rings and such. What is your experience?

Anywho, Thanks!

I think you are indeed stuck in the crux of the problem. The E-Trac will smoke any other machine on silver coins. My belief is that the V3 will give you better results on gold. I think you have to decide what kind of detecting you're going to do the most of and choose your machine that way.

I have the X-cal II and the ET. 90% of the time I use the Xcal on the beach and it is a ring finder for sure, 1 gold and 7 silver so far this month. The ET also works fine on the beach and I have pulled some deep coins ( 18" I swear) from dry sand using the 15" WOT. But I always end up with wet feet or more and like my ET too much to get it wet. Silver rings come in like quarters on the ET, gold rings come in anywhere along the 12 line. The most recent was a 12-05 for a 14K white gold, 3.3 gram ring. IMO the pair cover all the bases except searching for native gold in the desert and mountains. Then you want the 4500. My two other machines are gathering dust now.

Thanks for the inputs! I have my hunting style pinned down. The question remains which is more important to me. I'm enquiring to see if differences are large or small.

I've hunted with just about every machine out there and have found gold with them all. When asked by members of our club how I find so many gold jewelry items I have a standard response that is true no matter what machine is being used: "The person with the most tin foil, chewed up pop can pieces, and pull tabs in his pouch at the end of the day is the person who will consistently be finding gold" There are too many variables for any machine to discriminate out junk from gold. I'm finding my share of gold with the Etrac but the trash pocket in my pouch is still pretty full. But, I sure have been enjoying the hunt with the Etrac! Mike