Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac

I am thinking about purchasing a new detector, what are the advantages of an E- Trac over the new Explorer should I spend the extra $300?

In my opinion, the learning curve for the E-trac is less than what it is for the Explorer since MineLab laid out the "good" coin signal line along the 12 Ferrous line. I had an Explorer. As soon as I switched to the E-trac my finds greatly increased. I have found more "good" targets in one year than I did in 4 years of owning an Explorer.

It's different for everyone. Some Explorer user can pull just as many targets as E-trac users do. For me, personally, the E-trac was a much better choice. You may do just as well and save $300 by going with an Explorer. It depends on how your brain will process what the machine is telling you.

Main things on the Minelab E-Trac metal detector are faster processor and the +1, +2,+3 auto sensitivity. The E-Trac is easier to set up and more user friendly. The new pro coils is AWESOME. Feel free to give me a call! I can explain the differences and give you a great price!

S.C.Ring King said:
I am thinking about purchasing a new detector, what are the advantages of an E- Trac over the new Explorer should I spend the extra $300?

Etrac is not cheap- explorer expensive. Compare second hand prices and you will have only one answer. :blowup: