Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Track Results Graph

Rigit

etrackg1.jpg

Please feel free to download the Microsoft Excel file from my web page, you can then record your own results. If you Email them back as an attachment I will add them to my E-Track page for others to see.

Down Load Link

The more we compile the better it will be for others to compare.

[email subject="undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined"]dj_mart@ntlworld.com[/email]

I will test some old English shillings in the next few days they are silver and also some silver hammered coins.

Thanks! I think the old shillings should be comparable to a US silver quarter. I'd be curious where US silver dimes hit - know anyone that might have a US silver dime? Thanks again for your fine work.

Ha! Don't we all wish :) No, it won't do that. No more so than various other machines over the years that have experimented with various types of TID readouts. Like graphs (where you look at smears, peaks, etc...), etc.... At the time those came out, which seemed to be light-years ahead of the simple up/down conductivty scales, people have hoped that they could differentiate gold verses aluminum. But the minute you seem to find a place where gold rings most often hit, you go out out into a junky blighted park, and discover that an aweful lot of can slaw, wadded foil, bent beaver tails, etc... can read the same way too. You might be able to buck the odds and pass common recurring junk (ie.: like "ring enhancement programs"), but the day where we can truly know aluminum vs gold hasn't arrived yet :(

Yes, you could know for 100% certain, IF all tabs and aluminum junk were consistent, and IF all gold rings were consistent, but they are not. The only reason nickels can sometimes be cherry picked all day long, from amidst junk, is that 100% of USA nickels were and are always made exactly the same size and composition. Not so with aluminum and gold objects. They come in a never-ending size and shape assortment, and are both low conductors (depending on karot, size, etc...)

Hi Tom, Thx for the very informative append. I would have assumed that gold has some sort of distinguishing characteristics over aluminum when it passes through some sort - maybe a specialized one- electromagnetic field since physically they are so different. I still find it hard to believe that we don't yet have a detector that can do it - isnt there some signature they can look for?

Yes, the technology is here to .... in a laboratory setting ....to know for certain which is gold and which is aluminum, even if they both had exactly the same conductivity. The problem is, it cost millions. And to be mobile, must be mounted on a bobcat tractor, and you have to wear radiation protective lead suit to operate. Westinghouse developed one such unit for the military, to use in determining pollutants in waste, landfills, explosives, etc.... It would read out X% A composition, x% B composition, and so forth. I talked to one of the researchers who worked on it. I gave him the example of a gold ring and a pull tab, that might have EXACTLY the same TID reading, the exact same smears and bars on an XLT, the exact same cross-hairs on an Exp, etc... I asked him "could your unit tell which is gold, and which is aluminum? He said "yes"

Lastly, there are a few people who have claimed to be able to distinguish gold from aluminum with current detectors. If you hear anyone make that claim, quickly take them out to the nearest inner-city blighted junky park, and see how long they last :)

if Minelab had let us assign tones to the Iron Mask and now the new Conductive Mask (or Foil Mask?) then everyone would be happy. As a matter of fact assigning a tone and timbre to each coordinate on the Smart Screen is the way I would have designed it - how 'bout it Minelab - wanna give me a job? - I could rock this machine! From what I hear the USB port will NOT allow software upgrades - a real shame! Would have been nice to be able to enhance the machine with software or replacing a removable chip like a SIMM card.

Just got a nice Minelab 8" Explorer coil to go with my E-Track, I will fit it this weekend and report back with a new graph.

So the top left hand corner is ferrous 1 / conduct 1, there is no zero line for either. The actual value of the top left hand corner is 1-1 not 0-0. Sharp graph, nice work. Thank you.:thumbup: The Explorers started at 0 but for some reason they start this one at 1.

n/t