Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

e track

Hi all; this is Jimmy first time here.
I have been using my XLT for the last yrs. It has a learning curve that I haven't quite mastered. My question is I really want to get a E track , but I'm concern about the learning curve. I'm the kind of person that might have a hard time with my v.c.r.

What do you all thing, I really want one, can it be user friendly.....thanks..jimmy

I'm a former Eagle, XLT and DFX user and there was a little bit of a learning curve, But it wasn't that much, and it was well worth it.

The hardest for me was learning to slow down. The White's detectors can be run pretty fast where the E-Trac needs to be swung slow. At first there were so many sounds I found it confusing. Slowing down allows you to hear each signal. If you've never used tone ID it can also be a bit intimidating at first, but now I would never use anything but tone ID.

Take the time to learn the E-Trac, which isn't that hard in the first place, and you'll be glad you did.

Download the E-Trac Emulator and give it a try.

I am as clueless as they come....But I bought the E-trac because of the huge amount of resources on the internet
to aid in learning the machine....that and the high standard of quality that can be expected from a Minelab detector..
A reputation they have earned...I have only had my detector a few days but I am confident that with enough practice
I can become a novice with the E-trac.

You have gotten some very good answers to your question.

Now a little more,

The E-trac is designed to give more versitility where needed...starting in the preset is a very good way to start.

Many new user's of Minelab products, MUST learn to slow down.......and relax. The targets are much clearer by doing this.

The E-trac allows you to share programs, This is a nice feature if you travel, or want to staart your own collection of programs that work for you.

As mentioned, Tone Id is important to learn. Remember the tone is the first thing to draw your attention to a target.

I used the XLT for years, great machine, and you could always use the preset programs on it if you didn't want to learn all of the settings. The Etrac is very similar as far as the "number" of settings that can be changed but they seem more intuitive to me. It also has preset modes just like the XLT. If I had to use one of the machines with preset modes only the Etrac wins by a mile! There are only a few settings on either machine that make a real significant difference in performance. If you decide to get the Etrac, this is the place to come to ask for help on which settings to mess with once you get comfortable with the preset mode of choice. Mike

Go for the E Trac, its not that hard.
I can not program my VCR, but to me
The E Trac is not that hard.
This is a unit that you can grow into.
I have 3 friends using the E-Trac and they have been
making some real good finds in old hunted out parks.
Good Luck.
HH..BJ

Hey there isn't a curve unless you want to go advanced.YOU do Not need to at all.I do Not.Put the trac in the stock coin mode auto +3 and swing slow and low.You will kill with it.It is that simple.

good info for me..im getting a etrac soon..:thumbup::minelab::clapping::detecting: