Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-TRAD snags an unusual cuff button...

jbow

It is from a Confederate site that also saw federal activity but mostly Confederate. It seems to be copper pressed into a back. The loop on the back looks to be attached to a short pin.

I cleaned it and it bagan to oxidize and turn green. I didn't know what to do so I put a little canola oil on it to try and stop the oxidization. I hope I did the right thing.

Here are some pics. Maybe someone knows something about it? Pretty good for a 30 minute hunt. Sometimes I hunt for hours with not much though. Also, this came from a pounded place and was not deep...

Julien

I forgot to add that it is not rounded like a regular cuff button, but flat with what looks like a tin back...

Maybe it's this kepi strap button...

uc005, just down the page from the top: http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/uscentrlist.htm

http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/uc0807013.JPG

The floppy shank fits the description...

Julien

Just kiddin'......Richard Walker over on the Relic forum should be able to help - if you don't have his book, you might enjoy it. Very nice find....I wish we had Civil War stuff up in this area.

Best, Erik

n/t

n/t