Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eagle plate

F_27stryker1

Found this today at the early 1900s homestead....not sure of the time period but I beleive ww1. Also not sure if it's a belt buckle or sling or what as it's in bad shape and can't see any place where it might have attached. Still pretty cool as it joins my collection of war buttons
Pics of front, close up, and the reverse side

I can only tell you it’s a post-1902 Great Seal. That’s a very large size, though.

Appreciate it guys. We had alot of people serve in ww1 here in the area, so I just assumed it was from that period. Wish it was in better shape but I'm still very pleased with it.
Didnt have very much civil war activity here so ww1 relics are the Dream for me

I've had bad experience with olive oil in the past, it's in bad shape due to the ground it was in literally eating it away. I found some pictures of similar things but one says belt buckle, another a plate that goes on a sling. Hard to tell being it's in the condition. It's in

I often wonder that myself with alot of pieces.
Appreciate it guys. I know it has a lot of history to it, just wish it could talk

Howdy F_27stryker1--

Excellent find! I dug one of those a few years ago at a vacant lot where at one time there was a house. Like yours, mine was pretty crusty when dug and I thought that it was just a large copper or brass disc destined for my scrap recycle bin. When I took a break I noticed the outline of the eagle and smiled. As I recall, it weighed over 50 grams and I was curious as to what it was. I researched it and I believe that it went on a WW1 cap.. If I can find that website with the picture I'll post it. I think that it was "lost" when the old house was demolished and the debris removed. Congratulations on a great find! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I could be wrong but I believe this is it.
US Army WW1 enlisted hat insignia

ProdPhoto78208.jpg

Yes, I believe I found something similar this past summer. Very large. I was told it was a large hat badge. Mine is newer though. Probably WWII.

Great old find you pulled..

Dave