Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eagles flew this evening :detecting:

Downdeep

Had the family along this evening, we had gone to meet my middle daughters boyfriends parents at their place south of Gettysburg. In discussion with them, we found out that their place had been a Union field hospital. Of course I couldn't pass up this opportunity since I had the V in the back of the truck :clapping:

Spent an hour puttering around the field and woods behind the place. Dug a lot of modern bullets and shell casings, then got a button signal. Popped the plug out and saw a button back staring at me. Flipped it over and found a nice Eagle "I" button off of an officers coat. Stood up, filled the hole, took my next swing and got the same signal. It was deja vu, out of this hole popped an eagle button off of a uniform blouse. By this time it was getting dark so I hot footed back to their house and said my thank you's. The owner told me he was surprised I found anything as this place had been hunted hard up til about 10 years ago. I'll take what I can get and of course intend to go back!! :clap:

You have a great place to hunt buddy.......hard telling what is left out there.

Great finds and they look like they are in nice shape. Way to go! I think I see Scoville on the one on the left...

you do indeed. The gilding is gone, but they aren't smashed up at all. The shank is bent on the one and could possibly be straightened, but it isn't worth risking in my opinion. I've found so many bullets..don't get me wrong, I LOVE finding bullets, but buttons are nice for a change. I have a feeling their might be a plate somewhere out on that ground and I hope to find it!

Nice Little John Hey is this the Little john from South Carolina?

the v3i is a button magnet for sure i never get skunked at old sites anymore .