Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early 45 ACP round.

Ronstar

On Saturday while on campus I dug what looks like a normal 45 ACP cartridge. After getting it cleaned up enough to read the case head stamp it says PETERS on top and 45 AC on the bottom. I found a picture of one that is exactly what I have but no history about it. Its not the revolver style case rather the normal 45 ACP style. I can just barely make out what appears to be a cannelure ring (if thats what it is) but the ones in the article look much more pronounced. Those were identified as 1920 era but mine is slightly different. If someone has a bit more history I would appreciate it. Haven't seen FastDraw on here in awhile. I tried to get pictures but just not enough detail showing up, especially that light ring around the case.

Try Here....
Hope this helps, I found one outside an old ghost town in Nevada a couple of years ago. Had me stumped for awhile as well.

The only thing missing on mine is an obvious cannelure in the case. There is a very light ring around the case in the same position as the two cases in the upper row on the left. Looking at those cannelures in the other rounds I dont think firing the round would nearly completely flatten out the groove. Head stamp is dead on, just the case is not matching up with any photo.