Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

early air test compare equinox 6 inch to 11 inch coil

maxxkatt

Here is my air test on the Equinox 800 comparing the 11 inch stock coil to the 6” coil.
Did a factory reset and set sensitivity to 21, recovery speed to 6. Iron bias of 6.

Setup and methods: I set the coils on an all plastic child’s picnic table to eliminate any metal. Swept the table to determine there were no metal objects in the table.
Use a yard stick butted up against the base of the coil. My depth measurements were taken when the TID numbers for each metal object started going from a strong signal to an iffy signal. My hand sweep was done to replicate the normal sweep of a coil passing from left to right and back over the metal object.

I am a relic hunter mainly interested in Civil War items and only had three three ringers to test along with some silver coins. The results below are only for the .57 caliber. Not much difference in the slightly smaller calibers.
Below are just some preliminary tests and not the whole combinations of different items on all different hunting modes.
6” coil

.57 caliber bullet at 4 inches rang up a 19 in the park1 mode.
.57 caliber bullet at 5.5 inches rang up 16-19 in the park2 mode.
.57 caliber bullet at 6.5 inches rang up 16 in the gold2 mode.

11” coil
.57 caliber bullet at 8 inches rang up a 16 in the park2 mode.
.57 caliber bullet at 10 inches rang up 16 in the gold2 mode.

6” coil
Standing liberty quarter 4.5 inches rang up 29 in park2 mode.
Barber dime 3 inches rang up 21-22 in park1 mode
Barber dime 6 inches rang up 22 in park2 mode

11” coil
Standing liberty quarter 10 inches rang up 25 in gold2 mode.
Barber dime 7 inches rang up 21-22 in park2 mode.
Barber dime 8.5 inches rang up 21 in gold2 mode.

Maxxkatt, thanks for testing, it does point out that VDI numbers can be different in different modes.

Today I noticed this today as I tested a few targets while detecting in a park.

I wonder if we can set VDI numbers to make them Global to avoid knowing each set of numbers.

Tony

Tony the way I have had it explained to me by Minelab the VDI numbers are normalized {the same} across all modes. I think part of what we are seeing as a target approaches the edge of detecting limits the vdi drops off. The tones remains but the numbers fade. jmo {just my observations} The different coils sizes might be another story.

Laplander

You didnt do apples to apples there....... depth and modes were all different. Ie..... that quarter.... 4.5" TID 20 in park..... then 10" TID 25 in gold. What would it have been at 10" in park?

Laplander, that could be at depth. Most of the targets I had yesterday (my second time out with the NOX) were deep in his hunted out park.

Tony