Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EclipseDD question

wasp

My EclipseDD is looking a little bloated. It reminds me of a fish laying on its side. My cover barely fits over the bottom. With the coil sitting on a flat surface, with the cover off, it rocks back and forth from front to back and side to side. All of my other coils are perfectly flat on the bottom.

Has anyone else had one of these coils swell up thru the middle? If so, what do you think would cause this to happen? I've had the coil for 2 yrs and have used it in wet conditions and in several inches of water but it has never been exposed to excessive heat.

You could have got some water in it when cold and it expanded when it got warm again and evaporated. I would send a picture to White's and you might get a new one out of the deal :shrug:

That's a new one to me..... Very od.... But definitely get in touch with White's about it.

Thanks Larry.

I have had some goofy VDI readings a few times with this coil and had to change coils to continue hunting. The last two or three times out with the DD it has seemed to work just fine. But I have to wonder if the swelling, which appears to be permanent, has somehow caused the weird VDI numbers at times. I guess it's really a question for Whites to answer.

If it swelled it probably moved the windings and screwed the null. Anyway it isn't right. :nono:

I think White's will take care of the problem........ :thumbup:

To follow up, I contacted White's about the coil problem. Mary Hudson suggested that I send it in to Sweet Home for testing. I shipped it last Friday and much to my surprise today, Wednesday, I received a replacement coil.
White's has to have the best customer service out there.
Thanks to all who posted comments and thanks to White's for their incredible products and customer service!!

Business as usual for Whites. It is just hard to believe that they can continue to do all these freebies. :whites:

wasp said:
To follow up, I contacted White's about the coil problem. Mary Hudson suggested that I send it in to Sweet Home for testing. I shipped it last Friday and much to my surprise today, Wednesday, I received a replacement coil.
Thanks to all who posted comments and thanks to White's for their incredible products and customer service!!

I never ever got that fast shipping from Whites. Congrats!

wasp said:

This is one of the many reasons that I recommend Whites detectors to anyone that asks me what detector to purchase. I hope with their increased online sales and exposure that we will see them have more funds for research and development. It is quite amazing that they still have a detector that after 6 years is still leading the field. I wonder what is in the works at the Sweethome skunk works?:ninja:

It's gonna take some doin but I bet they are working on something even hotter than the V3i..........
They have really knocked it out of the park so far with the V3i and now with the TRX pin pointer.

Made in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They make the best detector out there and it is made by Americans. We need to support our workers any chance we can.